Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Fat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Good points.

    But eating healthy and staying fit have become habit for me. So I don't feel much influenced by the behavior of my friends or coworkers. At the same time, I wouldn't dare preach to them about eating better or working out more.

    Comment


      #62
      To be honest, it's something you end up doing unconsciously.

      After I had a kid, I've pretty much stopped hanging out as much with my single friends. It is not because I like them any less -- it's just that they want to go out on the weekends and party, while I want to use the free time I have effectively to read a book and hit the gym (and hopefully, sleep).

      The impact of even one night of binge drinking would ruin my sleep cycle for the weekend, and consequently screw up my entire week.

      Comment


        #63
        My behavior and that of my friends have moderated over the years. We're pretty much consistent with each other about how frequently we go out and how much we eat and drink, etc. Fortunately, I don't think any of my friends now drink or eat excessively, and certainly none of us goes out and ever parties like we did in college. So that helps.

        We do run a range of health and fitness choices, from vegan on through the scale, and from hardcore fitness fanatics to very sedentary. But nobody is extremely overweight or terribly unhealthy. We all seem to use common sense these days with this sort of thing. And the great thing is that none of us is judgmental about anyone else's behavior (at least not openly). If somebody wants to eat a steak and the person across the table is a vegan, it is still fine with everyone.

        Comment


          #64
          Fortunately or unfortunately, my friends (and my life) isn't that boring^W predictable - yet.

          That, and my friends are all jerks (and I like them that way - more or less).

          Comment


            #65
            Workout at lunch, that's all I did and I had ice hockey once or twice a week as well.

            Diet to not gain weight wasn't too hard I found, maybe due to not liking sugar laden foods and more of a meat guy eg. bacon/ham and eggs, grass fed beef and broccoli(great for heart Omega 3's unlike grain fed) and broccoli is just amazing superfood, whey isolate shakes in a pinch, cheese etc. Don't buy pop or chips at grocery store so the temptation is gone.

            Make 5 days worth of food for work week that you can take and go, structure in that regard helps...a lot.


            Surprisingly it became much easier to be active after we split up, far less stress and she was super clingy and expected that in a relationship you should always want to do things with your partner and not want alone time. Therapist even said alone time is healthy and required.

            Comment


              #66
              As Andy Warhol knew, there's a lot of value in boring. Actually, I think of it as sane rather than predictable or boring.

              Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
              Fortunately or unfortunately, my friends (and my life) isn't that boring^W predictable - yet.

              That, and my friends are all jerks (and I like them that way - more or less).

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                As Andy Warhol knew, there's a lot of value in boring. Actually, I think of it as sane rather than predictable or boring.
                Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting it at all.

                There are some things in life that I like boring (e.g. my breakfast or lunch). There are other things in life that I'd rather not have boring (e.g. the women in my life).

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                  Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting it at all.

                  There are some things in life that I like boring (e.g. my breakfast or lunch). There are other things in life that I'd rather not have boring (e.g. the women in my life).
                  I've got stories that think that's a terrible idea...such as one who got really drunk and accused me of shagging every girl so while I was out she started digging a hole in a mound of snow trying to bury my underwear, walking around the lodge topless etc. ON A COMPANY SPONSORED TRIP. She was also a hoarder which I had no idea about until she moved in with...damn secret storage! I ended up leaving a lot of stuff behind as it was buried in the 1 completely filled to the roof bedroom.

                  Had another one want to yell bad things about my mother in the middle of the street, cry during intimate encounters because my physique made her feel fat...and hers was great I never complained once! Got extremely mad at me for having a dream that involved me yelling at a ghost to put a shirt on (ok that's just weird on my part).

                  and a few others hah....they weren't "dumb" either by education standards, which is what really shocked me, I might look for a self made woman that was a high school drop out.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                    Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting it at all.

                    There are some things in life that I like boring (e.g. my breakfast or lunch). There are other things in life that I'd rather not have boring (e.g. the women in my life).
                    Good point. I found one that should keep me amused for a good number of years.



                    Last edited by Duvel; June 16, 2014, 09:44 PM.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                      I've got stories that think that's a terrible idea...such as one who got really drunk and accused me of shagging every girl so while I was out she started digging a hole in a mound of snow trying to bury my underwear, walking around the lodge topless etc. ON A COMPANY SPONSORED TRIP. She was also a hoarder which I had no idea about until she moved in with...damn secret storage! I ended up leaving a lot of stuff behind as it was buried in the 1 completely filled to the roof bedroom.

                      Had another one want to yell bad things about my mother in the middle of the street, cry during intimate encounters because my physique made her feel fat...and hers was great I never complained once! Got extremely mad at me for having a dream that involved me yelling at a ghost to put a shirt on (ok that's just weird on my part).

                      and a few others hah....they weren't "dumb" either by education standards, which is what really shocked me, I might look for a self made woman that was a high school drop out.
                      You should write a book. There's no dearth of crazies out there.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                        Good point. I found one that should keep me amused for a good number of years.

                        [IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/gmku/02Sundblom_CocaCola_Yes__1946_100_zpsf877aa10.jpg[IMG]

                        [IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/gmku/bikini1_zps15e08219.jpg[IMG]
                        I'll take two... with a shot of jack.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          She don't do whisky but she do do beer and wine. And actually she don't do Coke either.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            That's good. It's an expensive habit.

                            /rimshot

                            Comment


                              #74
                              We try to avoid corn syrup whenever possible. I think if people just cut back on their corn syrup sodas and candy, they wouldn't be so thick.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                                That's good. It's an expensive habit.

                                /rimshot
                                I LOL'd

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X