Club Med in West Palm Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Med in West Palm Beach

Just came back from an amazing stateside resort visit; wen to Club Med. This was the best resort we have been to, and we have been to about 4 as a reference point. The food, the people, the environment, the staff; I cannot even begin to compliment this place. If you have a family and want your kids to enjoy a vacation and not be around you and your spouse all day this is the place, the have a kids club program which will amaze you my toddler loved it. Here are some pics of the amazing time. I am no photographer so please excuse the pictures if they arent up to professional photographer standards

One of the only pics with me wearing a shirt it was hot as balls.

Last edited by MaxMan; May 30, 2014, 01:05 PM.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

I>0<I

Comment

And this was basically what I wore for 10 days.
      I>0<I

Comment

I have 3 children. I never understood the mentality of going on vacation and dumping your young kids off at some kiddie corral or other type place. If you are going to do that just leave them at home with family or a sitter.

Growing up vacation was always about spending time with the family. Whether it was at the beach, resort, or something more educational. Sure, as we got older we did a few things on our own, but for the most part the whole family was together.

Comment

I love the idea of family vacations, but I have 2 kids pretty close together and we just got out of the infant stage with the 2nd and I cannot wait to take a vacation without them.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
            I have 3 children. I never understood the mentality of going on vacation and dumping your young kids off at some kiddie corral or other type place. If you are going to do that just leave them at home with family or a sitter.

Growing up vacation was always about spending time with the family. Whether it was at the beach, resort, or something more educational. Sure, as we got older we did a few things on our own, but for the most part the whole family was together.
            I'm a new father (i.e. 3 months) so perhaps I'm still in the "life without kids" mode, but I can certainly see the charm of occasionally wanting to do things with just your spouse.

There are many, many things that my wife and I do that my son cannot be a part of -- yet. Things such as mountaineering, kayaking, or even going on a crazy long hike. Traveling to exotic places where he could catch diseases or get good quality food and medical help (e.g. my wife and I are planning a trip to the Gobi desert next year). Or just wanting to have a weekend out in town, dancing the night away.

Comment

Our family of four had a great time at Club Med Ixtapa a few years back and I'm not one at all for all inclusive vacations. You get the best of all worlds - great child programs and care, alone/recharge time for the parents, and the flexibility to pull your kid out at anytime to spend quality family time. We would only drop off our kids for a couple of hours each day, and even able to stagger their stays so that they each had our undivided attention. Got to sail, trapeze, and learn archery with my oldest and just run around on the beach with my youngest. They made tons of friends and often didn't want to leave lest they miss out on a fun activity. My wife and I were able to take advantage of yoga, zumba, and excercise classes, and plenty of activities or just lounge around with a cocktail in hand. Far too hectic at home to ever be able to coordinate all of this while trying to relax.

Comment

Working...
              X