Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patelsd
    replied
    On the Swap and Shop - is there a way to separate out actual sales versus links to ebay listings? Its very annoying to have a large percentage of the listings just redirect to ebay - maybe a thread could be stickied or something?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Editing posts on mobile devices isn't possible. It automatically defaults to selecting the "delete post" radio button and no matter what you do, if you edit the post and click "submit" (or whatever the commit funciton is) it deletes.

Any way to turn that default to deletion off and allow editing from mobile devices?

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=21195]hatyra[/MENTION]

re: signature.

Click on 'settings' at the top left of your screen.
    The click on 'edit signature' in about the middle of the page, on the left hand side of your screen.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    It was a joke
    I was hoping so, but you never can tell....

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    It was a joke

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    I think we should threaten to boycott if we don't get comments back.

Leave a comment:

• FuturaDesign
    replied
    I think part of it is due to the business nature of the site. I've noticed that links posted in forum threads to outside stores like J.Crew get an automatic affiliate link attached to it.

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    I think we should threaten to boycott if we don't get comments back.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
    I'd like to see them come back as well. Couldn't they be moderated just like the forum?
    It seems the answer to your question is "no."

Leave a comment:

• ajs116
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    Because some people just can't function in a civilized society.
    I'd like to see them come back as well. Couldn't they be moderated just like the forum?

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    +1

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by dappertert View Post
    I'd like to see the article comments come back. Why were they eliminated?

Leave a comment:

• dappertert
    replied
    I'd like to see the article comments come back. Why were they eliminated?

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Point taken about clouding up the site with mindless "I agree" or "+1" posts. But a) really, how hard is it to scroll past these postings? and b) Dappered seems to be remarkably free of these kind of posts. Knock wood.

I have to respectfully disagree with your notion that we are missing out on certain posts because of the lack of this feature. If anything I think the lack of the 'thumbs up' feature encourages people to post thoughtful comments and critique of what people are wearing. My opinion is that being able to click a thumbs up icon and moving to the next post enables anyone to click without giving any thought to what they are clicking and liking. I'd much rather see/encourage debate and critical thought as opposed to just saying like/not like.

(Then again I'm in my 40ies and think schools should still teach cursive writing and encourage critical thinking. Hey you kids, get off my lawn!)

People will either participate in threads or they won't. A thumbs up/down feature likely will not change this.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Please don't. If I wanted a pissing contest of who can get the most likes, I'd go to Crackbook or Instadoodle.
    Dappered is remarkably free of this and it would be nice to keep it that way.
    Originally posted by Julio P. View Post
    Yeah, I don't see what purpose this would serve. Stroke egos?
    It's a means of demonstrating that you like something or showing agreement with a post without clouding up the conversation with "+1" and "agree" posts. I've seen it implemented on a reasonable and gentlemanly basis before (e.g., WUS forums).

I think it's fair to say that we're missing out on participation in certain threads--WIWT being the prime example--because there is a bias toward posting to critique or disagree (and less so for liking a look or agreeing with a post). I imagine fewer people post on these types of threads because most of what they see is just the critiques/negative comments that are posted. In the spirit of Threads promoting a place where I'd hope those things would be preferred/encouraged, it seems like a reasonable thing to add.

As for it being a 'pissing contest', I guess it could be taken as a competition, but I feel like WIWT or ... the actual weekly contests we have... could be taken as the same. I think it's more the type of folks you have participating than it is the functionality, so I doubt adding a "like" feature would change how people view such things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X