This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    LCDR said the buyer of the site gets a list of email addresses not advertisers. Reread his comment again...."Buyer gets an instant ready-made base of readers and a list of email addresses." He didn't say advertisers. Kind of ridiculous to lose a good contributor over comprehension skills.
    Dappered will not sell readers' private information to anyone, whether it be a buyer or advertiser. Dappered will not sell readers' private information to a passing troubadour, an intergalactic space slug hegemony, a ballet company comprised entirely of exceptionally well-trained miniature ponies, the reincarnation of Christopher Columbus, a hyper-intelligent worm living inside of a starlet's rectum, an artificial intelligence that desperately yearns to discover the meaning of love but never can, or a gentleman scholar who can only communicate through whiskey-fueled belches. Dappered will not sell readers' private information to anyone. I apologize for not making that clear in my initial statement.
    Originally posted by schigleymischke View Post
    You shouldn't have threatened to delete his post or "warn" him. Too much, too severe, and unnecessary. It sets a bad tone.
    I'm not sure how I could have further softened my language, but I will keep this feedback in mind for the future.
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I've heard of over zealous moderation here in the past however Bruschetta has never been part of it. In fact he's one of the more chill mods. He's probably the only mod I couldn't get mad at if he sent me a warning or whatever.

Honestly, I was expecting worse when I read LCDRs initial post here. He wasn't reprimanded as much as Bruschetta defending Joes honor. I don't see much fault from either side. It's like 2 guys discussing politics. Things get heated and then you get over it.
    Thanks V.

It annoys me when people take cheap shots at Joe when he has maintained a flawless ethical track record for more than half a decade. He regularly shows appreciation to readers, gives away products rather than keeping them himself, publicly shares the names of advertisers each month, and etc. He's a good guy. In fact, all of the Dappered staff are.

That being said, my intention wasn't to severely chastise LCDR, it was to point out that his comment was impolite.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Honestly, I was expecting worse when I read LCDRs initial post here. He wasn't reprimanded as much as Bruschetta defending Joes honor. I don't see much fault from either side. It's like 2 guys discussing politics. Things get heated and then you get over it.

Captures my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        an intergalactic space slug hegemony
        I sincerely hope this is an Animorphs reference.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
          All, I have decided to leave the forum, for reasons that might be pertinent to this thread. I recently was given a warning over a single post, which I did not particularly appreciate, and did not think deserved it. Although I think the post was benign and was improperly interpreted, I don't want to get into defending myself. The scolding kinda leaves a bad taste for me. Suffice it to say, I think some over-zealous moderation has lead/ is leading to the curtailing of participation from members who have contributed quite significantly to this forum in the past.

I have not been banned, or asked to leave, but I am voluntarily saying good-bye for now. Perhaps I might check back in later, but I don't know. Thanks to all for your give-and-take in these threads. I have learned a lot from you about clothing fit, construction, style, and quality over these past few years. I hope there will continue to be a wide variety of people contributing here.
          I agree with everything in this post. I rarely visit or post any more. In my opinion, there is a lack of openness that is disconcerting. I truly appreciate the time and intentions of the mods. But even the best intentions don't always lead to a good result. Anyway, I wish everyone a happy holidays.
          "Tempus Fugit"

Comment

what did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              what did I miss?
              Not much TBH.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Sudonihm View Post
                I agree with everything in this post. I rarely visit or post any more. In my opinion, there is a lack of openness that is disconcerting. I truly appreciate the time and intentions of the mods. But even the best intentions don't always lead to a good result. Anyway, I wish everyone a happy holidays.
                Insert confused face at all of this. What is there to be open about? Day-to-day we (the mods) don't actually even do much.
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                  I sincerely hope this is an Animorphs reference.
                  Internet high five!!

Comment

Insert confused face at all of this. What is there to be open about? Day-to-day we (the mods) don't actually even do much.
                    Thank god! I thought I was the only one not pulling my weight!

Comment

Wait a minute. We are supposed to pull weight?

I thought we were just supposed to lord our power over everyone.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Sudonihm View Post
                        In my opinion, there is a lack of openness that is disconcerting.
                        What are we close about? What do you want to know?

Comment

Seriously. 99% of my time as a mod is spent deleting spam.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much what others have said. To be blunt, as somebody who has been involved in a few business transactions of this sort, once a business is sold, all bets are off.

The tone of your response is totally over the top - we're all adults here, and as far as I can tell people generally behave themselves.

Based on a variety of issues similar to this, I'd strongly suggest the moderators develop a one-page handbook standardizing what, exactly, is off limits behavior as well as response protocols. It seems like it is needed.

Rich

Comment

Also, who wants to participate in a forum where people are 'reprimanded' for lacking 'politeness'?

Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by teerockness View Post
                                .... The tone of your response is totally over the top - we're all adults here, and as far as I can tell people generally behave themselves.

Based on a variety of issues similar to this, I'd strongly suggest the moderators develop a one-page handbook standardizing what, exactly, is off limits behavior as well as response protocols. It seems like it is needed.
                                Originally posted by teerockness View Post
                                Also, who wants to participate in a forum where people are 'reprimanded' for lacking 'politeness'?

Jeez.
                                So you recognize, on the one hand, that people here "generally behave themselves" (in contrast with, say, most of the rest of the Internet) and then assume, on the other, that that is in spite of, and not because of, the emphasis that we (both moderators and regular posters alike) place on treating one another politely and civilly.

Interesting....

Do you also tell physically fit people that they don't need to exercise because they look like they're in pretty good shape already?
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X