Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Horse Hide Slim Key cases are now for sale on my Etsy shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdig View Post
    Should have a Dappered special that includes a 4 pack of Topper with each order (*see mattface's location)
    That could be arranged.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
      That could be arranged.
      Oh holy mother of all things delicious. I am going to be messaging you soon, sir.
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
        Oh holy mother of all things delicious. I am going to be messaging you soon, sir.
        Same here.

Comment

Anyone (OP even) got a chance to compare this to Corter Leather's product?
          http://shop.corterleather.com/collec.../snap-key-case

Mostly concerned about the thickness of the hardware like someone had mentioned in the thread. It would appear as though Corter's natural color is just veg tanned leather where I'd rather have horse hide like the darker one or the one offered by Mattface. Still trying to decide if this thing would work out for me. Many of the keys I carry I don't need to have on me and when I'm at work I have even more keys in my pocket which gets annoying.
          5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

From looking at them I'm willing to bet the leather and Chicago screws are essentially the same as mine. They both will have the same limitations regarding key hole size. THos limitations are pretty easily managed by either having copies made of your keys, or just reaming out the hole slightly.

The snaps they are using are heavier than mine. Though the design is similar, I had a Die custom made to my own design after a fair amount of trial, so I'm sure the shape is not identical, I'd wager I prefer my design, because I made it just how I wanted it, but honestly they are pretty comparable products.

Comment

20% discount for "Maker Monday" actually good through Sunday use coupon code MAKERMO

Comment

Heads up! I just added burgundy Chromexcel to my available leathers for key cases!

Comment

I sold out of these a couple weeks back after a mention in the Mail Bag, but have obtained more leather, and made a bunch more. I've caught up will all back orders and am ready to ship current orders the same day. I'll also have a new color of Chromexcel available in a few days.

You can see what's available in the accessories section of my shop

Comment

Got my CXL in burgundy yesterday and it's great! I gave one to my brother over the holidays and he loves his too. The leather is soft and is quickly molding to the keys. The hardware seems solid.

Unfortunately, a couple of my keys also have holes that are a touch too small to fit over the Chicago screw. My brother's solution is just to insert the ones that do fit and then attach the ones that don't fit to the chain. The car key with remote has to live outside the holder, but the others nestle inside nicely.

It's really too bad about the inability to find narrower Chicago screws. I work for an industrial supply company and the 3/16" (actually 13/64") diameter is the smallest we carry too!

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                      Got my CXL in burgundy yesterday and it's great! I gave one to my brother over the holidays and he loves his too. The leather is soft and is quickly molding to the keys. The hardware seems solid.

Unfortunately, a couple of my keys also have holes that are a touch too small to fit over the Chicago screw. My brother's solution is just to insert the ones that do fit and then attach the ones that don't fit to the chain. The car key with remote has to live outside the holder, but the others nestle inside nicely.

It's really too bad about the inability to find narrower Chicago screws. I work for an industrial supply company and the 3/16" (actually 13/64") diameter is the smallest we carry too!
                      I've got a couple of different solutions to this problem:
                      1. get a copy of the offending key made. The copy blanks tend to have holes big enough for the posts
                      2. ream out the existing hole wit either a small file or a drill bit.
                      3. I'm still looking for the old style key posts and I'll buy a zillion of them if I ever find them!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I did see this advise posted above. These aren't "my" keys (I'm renting), so I prefer not to mess with or copy them, but that might help others. As a workaround, I'm happy with my solution (save for finding a trove of 1/8" diameter Chicago screws)

Comment

Just a heads up folks that I've renewed my inventory, so I have plenty of black and burgundy Chromexcel back in stock, and I've added 2 new colors of Chromexcel: Navy, and Olive.

The Navy is very dark, and almost looks black except when you hold it up next to black. I expect the blue will come out with use.

The olive is exceptionally beautiful, and I expect will take on really beautiful patina with use.

Comment

I Just wanted to let folks know that I was able to source proper 1/8" key posts. This solves the problem some have had with keys that won't fit on the post. They're included in all new orders, but if you've ordered one in the past, and want to upgrade your hardware I've made a listing for a hardware upgrade that is just $1 plus shipping.

Comment

Are these 1/8 inch posts larger than the ones that Ashland Leather has on their key cases? The issue I had with theirs is that it wouldn't fit a plastic headed car key (not even the electronic ones with the buttons, just the normal ones with a plastic head that has the chip in them).

Comment

Originally posted by papaholmz View Post
                                Are these 1/8 inch posts larger than the ones that Ashland Leather has on their key cases? The issue I had with theirs is that it wouldn't fit a plastic headed car key (not even the electronic ones with the buttons, just the normal ones with a plastic head that has the chip in them).
                                They are 1/8" wide by 1/2" long. You can fit up t 3 unclad keys on each post inside the case. I include the ball chains for attaching electronic fobs, but to be honest I have not tried a chip key inside one of these cases. My guess is some might fit, all by themselves on the post, but it would be pushing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X