Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Tyrwhitt - English dress shirts group buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Tyrwhitt - English dress shirts group buy.

Hey guys, Charles Tyrwhitt is an English clothing shop similar to Brooks Brothers. They offer a promotion where you can purchase 4 shirts for $200. I only want two of their shirts.

Would anyone else like to go in with me on this and buy the two other shirts?

The website is http://www.ctshirts.com/ and the shirts that qualify for this order will have a "4 for $199" badge on their product image.

It used to be that if you went through their UK site and had it shipped to the US, it would end up being cheaper (even with the exchange rate fee on the CC). Last time they had a sale I think Jason C posted a deal for $160 ish for 4 shirts.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Yacko, that's still the case, but then you have to pay international shipping and customs. I figure it's easier to just order from the US, pay $5 more per shirt, receive the shirts in a week or less, and not worry about the stress of international shipping.

Comment

Did you look at their sale shirts? Lots of them are $39-$49

Comment

@bruschetta - You can use the the code below and get free shipping. I just checked it and it still works on the UK site. I believe you need to spend at least 50 pounds. I used the code a few weeks ago and was not charged any shipping or custom charges. Now it did take more than a week to get my order, but if you add in shipping I save about 75 bucks over the US site.

Just wanted to share another option for you.

Free shipping code: LSKV1

Comment

Use this link (not a referal) to get 1 shirt + 1 tie for $40 + $10 shipping...

http://www.ctshirts.com/default.aspx?q=1KSBG1|||||||||||||||&progrpcode=1K SBG1&cm_mmc=Email-_-04-11-2011-_-US-_-header

Much better deal.

Comment

yytop, Thank you! As you said, that's a much better deal and it saves me the trouble of purchasing internationally or doing a group buy. I'll use that link. Thank you!

Comment

That's a great deal yytop, thanks for sharing. I was considering getting with bruschetta on the deal; I have been wanting to try out their tailored-fit shirts and this is a great way to do it.

I bought the Selby Pink & Navy Puppytooth and chose the Hadwo Navy & Berry tie for free.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I purchased:

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/view-all/Buckland-navy-and-blue-fine-stripe-non--iron-tailored-fit-dress-shirt?q=1ksbg1||RG011NBL|||30%20to%2039.50||1862,| |||||||

http://www.ctshirts.com/Shipton-navy-jaquard-design-7cm-narrow-woven-tie-?q=1ksbg1||TV036NAV|3829||||||||||||&ppp=55

If I like the shirt I'll likely buy a couple more, as long as this promotion is still running.

Comment

thanks yytop!!

I got the same shirt as YackoYak and the "Kirk navy & white pin dot" tie

Only complaint: Sleeve length 34 is only readily available for neck sizes 16" and up...

Comment

Am I missing something or are there hardly any options without french cuffs?

Comment

austinrue, for most shirts you specify french cuffs or barrel cuffs when you're on the shirt's product page. All of the pictures show french cuffs so it's a bit confusing.

Comment

And besides, French cuffs are cool

Comment

Some of the Tyrwhitt shirts look nice, anybody know anything about the slim fit vs the tailored? I can't find any information on their site explaining the difference...

edit: nevermind, their sizing guide explains it all - "tailored" is slimmer that "slim"

Comment

Anyone know anything about the thin red line? http://www.thinredline.com/

Another Savile Row shirtmaker... A bit more expensive than CT. Is it worth it?

Comment

Working...
                              X