This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, Brown 8.5D, New $220.00 Shipped

Back again, with some more footwear. Bought these from Repertoire and they do not fit. Unfortunately, because I used a discount code I have waived the opportunity to get an exchange. Last time I ever shop there. Anyway, I now have a brand new pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots that I need to get rid of. I wore them for 5 minutes. On carpet. Because I wanted to exchange them. But I can't. So I'm offering them up here for $220.00 shipped within the ConUS. Taking a hit but it's better than being stuck with boots I can't wear.

Do 1000 Mile Boots run TTS?

Comment

Interested, but want to know what the fit is like as well. I'm an 8.5D on most AE and 9D on a lot of Aldens, so this one might be too big for me.

Comment

Out of the box, I'd say an 8.5D will probably fit like the equivalent of an 8.75D. By the time you break them in (and the CXL stretches), they'll probably feel more like a 9.0D.

*Note that I'm talking Brannock sizes here, not sneaker size.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry about taking so long to respond. I purchased these in the same size as my Red Wing Iron Rangers. My dress shoe size is all over the place, due to having a high instep so, depending on the shape of the shoe, I can run anywhere from 9-10 in dress shoes. I found these to be narrower than the IRs and tighter on my instep. While there is truth to what Chareth says about CXL stretching, I don't think they would stretch enough for my foot. I hope this helps and, again, sorry for taking so long to answer your questions.
          Last edited by IronRinn; January 31, 2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Your IRs are in the same size as the 1Ks, and the 1Ks are smaller?

I'm just a little surprised, because I own a pair of Beckmans (same last as the IR) and a pair of 1Ks, both in the same size. Both pre- and post-break-in, the Beckmans were a little longer, but the vamp and toe box were much, much tighter. And I've only ever read that the IRs run smaller than the Beckmans in the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Chareth View Post
              Your IRs are in the same size as the 1Ks, and the 1Ks are smaller?

I'm just a little surprised, because I own a pair of Beckmans (same last as the IR) and a pair of 1Ks, both in the same size. Both pre- and post-break-in, the Beckmans were a little longer, but the vamp and toe box were much, much tighter. And I've only ever read that the IRs run smaller than the Beckmans in the same size.
              Yeah, but I really think it's because of the 1Ks' slimmer profile. It's pressing down on the vamp, right behind the toes, which is usually the problem area for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRinn View Post
                Yeah, but I really think it's because of the 1Ks' slimmer profile. It's pressing down on the vamp, right behind the toes, which is usually the problem area for me.
                Ah, that's too bad they don't work for you. FWIW, that area in the vamp is where my 1Ks stretched the most.

Comment

Just a quick bump to say these are still available.

Comment

Mods can lock this one up, these are sold.

Comment

Working...
                    X