fs: orient "class" FGW01008W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fs: orient "class" FGW01008W

Looking to sell my gold-plated, white dialed, orange-strapped Orient dress watch.

Features a flat sapphire crystal and accurate quartz movement with no seconds hand to give away the quartz tick. 38mm and wears bigger due to the thin bezel. Very thin and comfortable watch. Looks much more expensive than it is.

Condition is excellent, almost new - a few tiny, barely visible hairline scratches in the gold-plated case. Crystal is in perfect condition. Includes a DeBeer ostrich grain strap in an the orangey "Havana" color. Interior of the strap shows slight wear but is in otherwise good condition. I can swap the ostrich for the original dark burgundy-colored, croc-grain strap if desired, though the ostrich is much nicer IMO (I stole the look from Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love). The burgundy croc-grain has a small nick where it joins the 6 o'clock side of the watch case.

Comes with Orient box.

Lowest online price I can find for one of these is $140 on OWUSA (including the 30% standard discount). I am offering the watch shipped insured for $85, signature confirmation optional for $4 extra ($89 total). International shipping may cost more depending on country. Payment via PP.

E-mail me at ben r dappered AT gmail DOT com (no spaces).

If you aren't an established member here, I will ask for references, eBay username, etc.

Ben

BenR, darn it, you know that I want this. Why couldn't you have sold it back when I was in the states?

This is a nice, classic, inexpensive watch. Someone out there is going to get a good deal.

Comment

Check your inbox, Ben.

Comment

I remember lusting after this watch the first time that you posted it in WIWT, BenR. Words do not express how much I hope this is still for sale on Friday when I get paid!

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, but the watch is sold. Thanks for the interest, guys.

Ben

Comment

*turns smoldering gaze on pratyk*

Ben, could you confirm that this is the strap you bought? I'd really like to mimic this style.

http://www.amazon.com/Ostrich-Grain-.../dp/B003LABOOW

Comment

Yup, that is the one. I picked the ostrich specifically because the color is much brighter and more orangey than DeBeer's other "Havana" colored straps.

I bought mine from Holben's because they give you the option of swapping the standard silver buckle for gold. Their price is only $1-2 more expensive than Amazon's. (Assuming you are looking to put the band on a gold watch, of course.)

Ben

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'll likely just buy that same Orient and slap the same strap on it, I really have always loved how it looked.

Comment

Working...
                X