FS: Caruso 40R Green houndstooth Italian Tweed (midweight) SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Caruso 40R Green houndstooth Italian Tweed (midweight) SC

For sale is an absolutely beautiful Caruso sportcoat in a pale/olive green houndstooth, size 40R. Made in Italy from 100% wool with a lightweight canvas, this jacket has classic proportions including a beautiful lapel roll, a hand-stitched Milanese buttonhole on the lapel, dual vents, flap hip pockets, and a barchetta breast pocket. The shoulders are lightly padded and have the slightest bit of wadding around the sleevehead to give an incredibly natural but also masculine silhouette. I don't have any jacket with such a spectacular shoulder expression and it pains me to see this leave the wardrobe but it no longer fits. This jacket is midweight - you can easily wear it into spring, unlike heavy tweeds from Moon Mills or Harris Tweed which could replace a piece of outerwear. There's a definite texture but it's not as "tweedy" as the aforementioned tweeds from other mills, which means it can easily be worn with smooth poplin and chambray shirts in addition to the classic OCBD. I frequently wore this w/ a mid-blue shirt and striped navy tie. It also pairs really well with both khaki and gray trousers and I think it'd look ace with a wide range of denim. Sleeve buttons are functional. Fully lined.

Measurements coming. I'm looking for $280 shipped in the CONUS.

Back:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oszbe0ubqi...51183.JPG?dl=0

Side:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxy29cnyuw...51176.JPG?dl=0

Lining:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ur0m46hd4...51184.JPG?dl=0

No returns - please ask me questions before paying.
    Last edited by LosRockets; June 27, 2018, 01:47 AM.

BUMP! Measurements (it fits a sz 38R very well):

Pit to pit: 20"
    Sleeve: 24.5"
    Shoulder to shoulder: 18:
    Length: 29"

Comment

Bump! Drop to $265 shipped

Comment

Bump!

Comment

DROP: $250 shipped!

Comment

Bump! Drop to $240 shipped OBO. Get ready for fall!

Comment

Bump $220 shipped.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Summer is winding down. Keep yourself warm but don't overheat. This jacket is a great transitional piece, with a softer than expected hand for tweed and a Fall-Spring weight. Don't pass up on a beautiful jacket that punches far above the asking price. Caruso has made jackets for the highest end labels, including Ralph Lauren's Black Label, Lanvin, Dior, and more.

Comment

Shipped for $200 OBO

Comment

BUMP! If you missed out on the Spier & Mackay green tweed, this is another alternative that's a bit lighter in weight and has a pleasing F/W pattern. Also made by the legendary Caruso, so fully canvassed. Asking for $200 OBO.

Comment

Bumping up this lovely Caruso fully canvassed jacket. $200 shipped.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump, will take $185 shipped.

Comment

BUMP! Down to $175 shipped. Still plenty of season left to wear this since it's not too heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X