No announcement yet.

Spier and Mckay Navy Blue Model 2 Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, you can offer whatever you are willing to pay for it. I've done that on eBay shoes plenty of times. But, you did not simply "offer" your price, you said "That price is too high". "I can only afford $100, will you take that?" is different than "Your price is too high, you should lower it to my $100". And so, it is perfectly reasonable for us to provide counter opinions to your "price is too high" opinion.

Additionally, since you are commenting on where and when you are buying something, its also considered on the rude side by many to conduct price negotiations in the thread. If you had made your offer via private message, we would be none the wiser at your opinion. That's my $.02 from someone who bought and sold on the internet before eBay even existed.

Comment

Negotiations over pricing on private sales are generally best conducted through private messaging. Unless you have serious concerns about an item's authenticity or you otherwise have reason to believe a seller is committing fraud or otherwise seriously misrepresenting an item for sale, I think the general preference and expectation is that third party commentary on sales should be kept to a minimum. We expect sellers and buyers to be adults and perform their own due diligence with regard to pricing/value/negotiating.
      Ben

Comment

Given that there doesn't seem to be interest at this price point, and I do really like the jacket I think I'll just keep it.
        [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

If it makes sense to remove this thread for the sake of happier, healthier forum, feel free to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=13404]josiahv[/MENTION] I can edit the original post to reflect that the item is withdrawn if that is your preference.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            [MENTION=13404]josiahv[/MENTION] I can edit the original post to reflect that the item is withdrawn if that is your preference.
            That's OK. Folks can see it here at the end of the comments.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Back up for sale. My apologies for being indecisive. I'll drop my asking price to $175. If no interest here at that price, to ebay it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X