J Crew Sussex Quilted Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Sussex Quilted Jacket

Anybody have one? It looks like it's exactly what I want for a quilted fall jacket, but a number of reviews mention how boxy it is. Went to the J Crew by me and they didn't have one in stock for me to try on.

Thoughts on the fit and quality? I know Barbour gets a lot of love for their quilted jackets, but there's something about them that I don't like.

Also, is a Navy jacket with jeans too much blue? Should I opt for a different color, such as the dark charcoal?

I have one in charcoal grey. I can understand the boxy complaints but I avoid it by buttoning a few middle buttons and leaving the top and a few bottom buttons undone. I will attach the best picture I have of it that I took for a WIWT last fall. I'm 6'1" and about 150 lbs. I'm wearing a size small.

Comment

Hmmm...I actually think it is pretty slim cut. Maybe because it is cut so short they think it is boxy? Although I did sized down from my typical L in J.Crew tops to a M so maybe that helped as well. Personally, I think it's a great jacket. You can also search eBay for the Broadmoor--same jacket from the previous two seasons.

Not the best pic since it's unzipped, but an old fit pic:

For reference, I'm 5'11" 180ish lbs and wear a 40R jacket.

Comment

I have this in Medium, the slightly shinier version that the matte model currently on the site--I like both (I'm 5'8" 170, broader shoulders and back, Bowery 40S/M fits me really well)

my jacket is Navy and it looks great with blue jeans--my only rec is to try to make sure to break up the color palate (don't do blue shirt or blue shoes at the same time)

I did tailor the sleeves (I have tiny t-rex arms) and now it fits great in the sleeves

the only thing I wish I could change is to have the waist tabs like a Barbour equivalent--I could have accomplished this with the fabric removed from the sleeves but didn't think of it at the time

overall I am super happy with the coat, and I still may get the Charcoal if I can convince my wife haha

unless someone has a M charcoal (matte version) they don't want anymore, i'll make a decent offer

Comment

I'm 6'4", 180-185ish, and I wear a 40L slim suit. I bought the navy matte in medium tall last winter. It fit fine. It was actually shorter than I anticipated, but not in a bad way. I was expecting it to be long, so I bought the M and MT, and the M was very short on me. That should not come as a surprise since I wear a MT in all J Crew and BR clothes. I would post pictures, but I'm on a trip in south Florida, so needless to say, I don't have it with me.

Comment

Working...
          X