Gray Herringbone Tweed Sport Cost Approximately 40R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gray Herringbone Tweed Sport Cost Approximately 40R

This is an eBay find that didn't quite work out for me. I am normally a 41R, and this one is a touch small for me in the chest. The measurements were correct, but my tailor said it was slightly small in the upper chest and couldn't be fixed to fit me correctly.

I was disappointed, as it can be hard to find jackets without wide shoulders, wide lapels, and low lapel gorges. The shoulder width, lapels (higher gorge, 3.5" wide), high armholes, and soft shoulder look very modern for a vintage sport coat. But I got a great deal, and it would cost me more to return it than I paid, so I am offer to someone here for the cost of shipping.

Brand: Cricketeer
    Size: none labeled, approx. 40 R
    Color: gray/silver herringbone
    Material: 100% wool tweed
    Chest: 44"
    Length: 31"
    Sleeves: 25.5"
    Shoulders: 18.25"
    Waist: 41"

Photos here

There are two defects to fix. First, I got such a good deal because the bottom front button is missing. That apparently turned off other buyers but I know I could easily get a replacement from Britex fabrics or another online source. People are selling leather button sets on eBay all the time. Second, there is a small tear in the lining under the right armpit area. It's about 1-3/4" long and should be an fairly simple repair. Otherwise no defects in the tweed, no stains, and there is a lot of good wear left in the jacket.

My loss is your gain. I am giving this away for what I think it will cost me to ship it. $12 shipped USPS in continental USA, paid through PayPal.
    Matt Dalton

The tweed sportcoat is taken now. Thank you Dennis and I hope it serves you well.
    Matt Dalton

Comment

Working...
    X