Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 10 or so different Vintage harris tweeds, 40R, 42R, 42L 44R, $30 or so ea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 10 or so different Vintage harris tweeds, 40R, 42R, 42L 44R, $30 or so ea.

I am a strong believer that the garment that every snazzily dressed man truely needs a Tweed sportscoat. Nothing makes any fall or winter outfit instantly pop like a nicely colored and patterned wool sportcoat. I nearly wear a different one nearly each day. I'm kind of obsessed, but that might be a subject to discuss in different thread...
    Anyhow, there is no other tweed in the world like Harris Tweed, which is made out in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland.

I continually comb thrift shops in hope of finding neat new Harris Tweed garments, and when I find a really good new one, i usually need to sell the old ones due to room. Or often I just find ones that don't even fit, that are so good that I just have to get them for friends. I collect them like pokemon probably, but I really don't make money on that hobby. I just get to get new exciting ones into my closet, or into the closets of my friends. If no one I know wants a particular jacket, it will usually end up on ebay, selling for $25 or so pretty regularly.

I figured I'd give you dappered forum guys a shot at these since you'll probably appreciate them for what they are even more than the ebay guys. If you care to, you're welcome to look up my ebay seller rating, it's good, my ebay username is evanparker . Ones that don't sell here will probably just end up on that ebay after September first (when fall clothing season really gets rolling) anyways.

Most of these jackets are very regular, some of them are a little less usual colors. Most of them are in pretty good shape, as I try to leave the really tired ones at the store. Please check back, I'll be posting a bunch over the next week.

All of them will be $30, with some saltier ones possibly dipping toward $25, including shipping to USA only. I take paypal to [email protected] only.

(just a sample of some of the coming tweedyness)

i'm going to start posting them in separate below... I'll update individual posts as items sell, and leave this top part. Peace!

I can't wait

Comment

Ok so this first one is a nice one that I am estimating as 44R, as it fits me like a glove. It has a 3/4 lining, which is super helpful. This jacket has very nice light colored leather buttons that are in great shape. It has very minimally padded pretty natural shoulders, and a traditional style rear vent. This jacket is very unusual color and pattern! It contains both a bit of a basket weave pattern, as well as a number of other different colors including purple, green, and maroon. The exterior and lining are with out flaws. Armpit to armpit measurement across the front is 23.5".

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/dNi0O
      Last edited by evanparker; July 10, 2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

This is the 2nd one. It is approximately a 40R, armpit to armpit measures right at 21".

EDIT: SHOULDERS ARE 17.75" WD, SLEEVE IS 24.5" LG, ADDED 7/10/16

It has a nice Dark Brown herringbone pattern, with little green and blue flecks! The herringbone is a quintessential Harris Tweed pattern that goes well with lots of outfits! The flecks actually bring it to another level even, to make it a really great pattern. The jacket has a traditional back vent, and patch pockets., I was disappointed when i bought it, since it really didn't fit me, because it's very nice quality brand, and in really great shape. This brand, i've noticed, does really nice linings, i've noticed, and this jacket is no exception.

There is a very small flaw on the front edge of the coat, which is circled in the image album.

album link http://imgur.com/a/IDm1L
        Last edited by evanparker; July 10, 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Could you please post shoulder and sleeve measurements as well?

Comment

Interested in #2. Please post shoulder and sleeve measurements!

Comment

Also interested in #2

Comment

This is #3. It is marked as a 42L, armpit to armpit measures right at 22".

EDIT: SHOULDERS ARE 18-1/2" WD, SLEEVE IS 26.25" LG, ADDED 7/10/16

It has a nice Dark Brown herringbone pattern, with little orange and red flecks! The pattern is very random, with lots of neat splothches of dark in all kinds of areas, it gives it a lot of really nice texture. The herringbone is a quintessential Harris Tweed pattern. The jacket has more 2000's sort of shoulder pads. They make it seem more dressy to me. More substantial than the soft shouldered vintage ones. The jacket also has more modern flap back vent, and black leather buttons, It's a MADE IN UK item, St. Michael brand. I hadn't heard of it, but it's very good quality and in really great shape.

album link http://imgur.com/a/WPTsl
                Last edited by evanparker; July 10, 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

EDIT: 7/11/16, 1:17 PM this one is sold

This is #4. I am estimating it as a 40R, armpit to armpit measures right at 21".

EDIT: SHOULDERS ARE 17-1/2" WD, SLEEVE IS 24.5" LG, ADDED 7/10/16

It has a nice Dark Brown/blue herringbone pattern, with little orange and red flecks! This herringbone has a little more glow than the usual one because of all that blue. The jacket has pretty naturally padded shoulders. The jacket has a traditional back vent, and regular pockets. Light Brown leather buttons, It's a LORD AND TAYLOR item, and you may remember their high end type stores in malls across the north east, i know I do. very good quality and in really great shape.

album link http://imgur.com/ycBaOKq
                  Last edited by evanparker; July 11, 2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

#5 is a classic Harvard COOP harris tweed I estimate to be a 40R. $30 with the shown tie, $25 with out. Armpit to armpit is 21". Shoudler to shoulder 17.5", sleeve is 25.5"

This is a great tweed that was sold by the hardvard COOP book store. What could be more trad than that? and I'm going to try to sweeten it by including a period correct HARVARD COOP burgundy and Navy repp tie to go with it. The tie is a little short on me, but probably fits someone with a 40R coat much better.

The tweed has black leather buttons, traditional back vent. 3 button front (super trad!), and a great dark brown herringbone pattern with green/red/orange thrown in there for nice tonal variation. it's incredibly subtle, and really snazzy. The jacket has shoulders that are only a little padded.

the left shoulder (when you wear it) has some holes on it. The interior of the coat is a little worn, and the lining is a little damaged in a spot. Refer to album pictures for details, they're shown clearly.

This kind of Trad time capsule might be a little more popular to the trad nerds on askandy but I figured I'd mention it! It's super neat. Just throw on some chino's and an oxford shirt and you're hte sharpest guy on your street.

album link http://imgur.com/a/K7NpD
                    Last edited by evanparker; July 10, 2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                      Interested in #2. Please post shoulder and sleeve measurements!
                      Awesome, I'll message you, hopefully the measurements are to your liking.
                      Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                      Also interested in #2
                      I'll send you a message...

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                      Could you please post shoulder and sleeve measurements as well?
                      I did this. Let me know if you are into anything thanks

Thanks everyone.

Comment

TONIGHT I will be posting the other 4 tweeds of various colors. I think one 40R that is dark blue, a 46R that is dark blue, and a few different pattern 44R's.

Stay tuned

Comment

#6 is this beautiful and a little bit rare dark blue Harris Tweed which I'm estimating as a 40R. It has nice colors, it's dark blue, dark grey and has a nice rainbow of flecks in it that give it a lot of dimension. It also has something unusual, which is Dark blue leather buttons. Usually on a blue one they're just brown or black leather. This jacket is probably in nicer shape than most ones I come across, there are no signs of wear at all. I really really wish it fit me

measurements are as follows
                          shoulders 18" wd.
                          sleeve 25" lg
                          21" armpit to armpit

The jacket has a standard traditional center vent. It has blue leather buttons, as mentioned. It has a full lining. The jacket has standard shoulder pads, which are not very padded but are not the natural shoulder pads on the older jackets. I think these looks very sharp.

album here http://imgur.com/a/7B351

Comment

#7 is a very nice light spring color themed Harris Tweed that i'm estimating around 44R. It's light brown, with different light aqua's and light blues. super great colors. This one is my size exactly, and I like it a whole lot, but a got one I think I will wear just a tiny bit more that is taking it's place.

This jacket has pretty natural shoulders. You can see I model it in a picture, and they're not totally natural but they're pretty close. The shoulders are pretty low key, for sure.

The jacket has light brown leather buttons. it has a traditional center back vent. It has a 3/4 lining, and I think the tweed seems a little lighter than usual? This jacket actually breathes pretty well for a tweed.

the shoulders are 20" wd
                            the sleeve is 25.75" lg
                            the armpit to armpit is 22"

album located here http://imgur.com/a/e8A3T

Comment

#8 is a nice 44R Jos A Bank Harris Tweed. It's not a USA or UK made one like these others, and though it doesn't have a really fancy lining, it still has a nice, if simple, lining.

It's just straight brown simple herringbone, and I loooove the color. Has good sized modern shoulderpads. Traditional center vent.

Album link http://imgur.com/a/ANutD

Comment

Working...
                              X