NWT - J Crew Ludlow suit in Italian chino - 40L, 32x34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWT - J Crew Ludlow suit in Italian chino - 40L, 32x34

Are you a tall, slim guy going to a summer wedding? Sure, you could buy the Thompson in slub linen that Joe recommended on the main site a couple of. Or, you could buy this Ludlow from me and save about $10. Not only will you have a nicer suit, you can invest that $10 and in a couple hundred years your great-great-great-grandchildren can buy North America or something, because of compound interest. When you think about it that way, you owe it your descendants to buy this suit.

Anyway, this is a brand new Ludlow in Italian Chino, unworn and unaltered. Color is dark sage (I'd call it olive, but I'm not a marketer). Jacket size is 40L. Half-canvassed and 3/4 lined, with side vents. The pants are 32x34, and there's room to let the waist out by a couple of inches. What you're getting is this exact suit (jacket, pants) in this exact color. You can see an album with pictures of the actual suit here.

I'll be throwing this up on ebay this weekend, but until then its yours for $215, plus whatever shipping costs to wherever you live.

I feel the need to buy the suit just because your sales pitch actually made me laugh out loud. Are the pants the Ludlow Slim or Ludlow Classic variety?

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
      I feel the need to buy the suit just because your sales pitch actually made me laugh out loud. Are the pants the Ludlow Slim or Ludlow Classic variety?
      I'm glad you enjoyed it

The pants don't say slim or classic, but I think they're slim. I had assumed they were classic, since I tried them on and they didn't feel as calf-huggingly tight as other slim fit pants I've tried from J. Crew (both Bowery slim and Wallace & Barnes). But I just pulled out the tape measure and discovered that the leg opening is about 15 inches, so they're probably slim, unless the Ludlow pants are different from the Bowery pants. I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus in your book.

Comment

Dropping the price to $200 before I put this on ebay.

Comment

The suit is on ebay now. As long as no one places a bid first, I'm happy to cancel the auction and sell it to a forum member for $165, plus shipping.

As for the utility of a suit like this, I refer you to Mr. Crompton:

http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2015...tton-suit.html
          Last edited by facelessghost; May 6, 2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X