This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: J Crew Code - $50 off $150 - Selling for $25

I have a code that's good for $50 off $150 or more plus free shipping from J Crew. I'm not looking to buy anything right now, so I'm putting it up for $25 - party so it doesn't go to waste, and partly to keep me from buying something I don't need. However, it cannot be combined with other promos (like the perpetual XX% off final sale, etc.) Expires 10/22 (this Wednesday). If you are looking to make a purchase over $150 soon and want to knock off another $25, let me know.

Bumping this. Code ends tomorrow.

Comment

Give you $5 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
        I have a code that's good for $50 off $150 or more plus free shipping from J Crew. I'm not looking to buy anything right now, so I'm putting it up for $25 - party so it doesn't go to waste, and partly to keep me from buying something I don't need. However, it cannot be combined with other promos (like the perpetual XX% off final sale, etc.) Expires 10/22 (this Wednesday). If you are looking to make a purchase over $150 soon and want to knock off another $25, let me know.
        You're seriously trying to sell a coupon code which you got for free?

Comment

Comment

i'll give you an upvote on reddit for it!

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
              useless

Comment

Sorry fellas, no flame war today. The code is gone to someone who can hopefully use it... and I did not sell it for a profit.

Comment

Wallace and Barnes burgundy overshirt was excluded from this promo. I have no use for it. Maybe someone else can. Yeah pretty sure no one ever would have paid $25 for it.

Comment

Are all Wallace & Barnes items excluded, or just ones that are already on a sale via another promo?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      You're seriously trying to sell a coupon code which you got for free?
                      Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought upon seeing this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought upon seeing this thread.
                        Yep... I thought the same thing as well.

Comment

You're effectively selling a 16% discount, assuming you spend just the $150. Think about that for a bit.

I'll pass - they just sent me a 25% code today.

Good luck though!

Comment

Damn, at least I'd took it to a pm...

Comment

Since the OP used the Threads to successfully sell the code, I don't feel too bad ribbing him for it.

If you spend $25 to buy a code that saves you $50 off a $150 purchase, and cannot be combined with other offers, you are looking at, at best, a 16% discount ($25 off $150, as another commenter already noted). The potential discount gets worse and worse as the purchase gets bigger, so for example, if you spent $500, you're only getting a 5% discount.

The only use I could see for this would be if you want to buy some particular item that is always exempt from sales and discounts. But most of those items tend to be pretty pricey to begin with (suiting, "good company" items). A $25 discount on a $500 pair of Aldens or $800 suit is pretty trivial.

[Edit] I should mention this is also in context where the more common practice has been for people to give away things like one-time use codes that they don't intend to use for themselves.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X