39 R Navy Brooks Brothers wool overcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

39 R Navy Brooks Brothers wool overcoat

I inherited this and have worn it once, and it's been sitting in my closet for about 4 years. I'd wear it if it were a Short, but it's just too long on me, any way you slice it.

I've already posted it on ebay, but if someone wants it, I can take it down:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120848204508

I didn't find anything too fancy in my several thrift stops, but I did find a GAP casual charcoal herringbone sport coat. Nothing fancy, but it fits well. It's the only thing I own from GAP.

@jon: If the overcoat were a 40R, I'm not sure I could resist buying it. Good thing it's a 39R.

Comment

It fits me well in the chest and shoulders, so I think it could be fine for a 40. I should probably amend my posting a bit to reflect that.

Comment

How does it fit when you're wearing it over a suit jacket? That's the real question...

Comment

Very interested to hear how it fits over the suit jacket as well, seems like a great buy and I'm very interested.

Comment

I recall wearing a suit jacket under it without any problems, but I can double check when I get home tonight.

Comment

Probably going to buy this. If you don't mind me asking, where in Atlanta are you? I'm up in Kennesaw.

Comment

I didn't realize until just now that my first post in this thread was meant for a different thread. At least I got back on topic with it.

Yeah, I would have loved this coat, too, if I could guarantee the fit. I just couldn't risk it. I already have one piece of outerwear that's a little tight over a suit, and I don't want it to become a trend. It's a fantastic coat, though.

Comment

@Kenneth: I'm in midtown, but I work in Roswell, so we could arrange a swap. I think you'll probably get the coat for a song (literally ... you have to sing something to buy it since I'm not shipping it).

@Alan: I'll give you a full description w/ pics tonight.

Comment

I don't know if this is the best pictorial representation, but this is wearing the overcoat with a shirt, tie and blazer:

I could easily fit a sweater and a Harris Tweed in there and still have room to move around, so there's definitely enough room for those who wear 40 regulars.

Comment

@Kenneth: Are you cgdietz4? A bid from someone with absolutely no feedback makes me a bit nervous, but if that's you, I'd feel a bit better.

Comment

Jon, no I'm not. I haven't officially bid on it yet, got a little busy. About to go toss a bid on it. Roswell sounds good, that's right down the road from me. No promises about the song, though I do a mean Ave Maria.

Comment

So, Jon, your ebay sale ends today. Are you going to let the auction finish or let me have it? I honestly don't care much either way, but I'm not really too inclined to get into a bidding war with this guy over it.

Comment

If I end the auction now, wouldn't the other guy win the coat, or can I just pull the coat from ebay and sell it to you? That seems kind of mean, but I guess I could do it.

Comment

@Kenneth: And look at it this way — if you want to bid a bit more, that is: You're saving the shipping costs, which I will either not charge you, if I can, or refund.

Comment

Working...
                              X