Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millionaire75
    replied
    Good to hear, Karl. I actually got a price adjustment and winded up paying 14 bucks for it.

Leave a comment:

• Karl Schmidt
    replied
    I bought this about a month ago when it was $40 online. At first I didn't like the plastic look and thought about taking it back for a refund but decided to keep it as a knock-around jacket. After wearing it a few times a week for a month it's loosing that awful sheen and breaking in really nicely. It's become my go-to jacket when the temps are in the 40s/50s. I like that it's fitted in the arms but still big enough in the trunk to wear a sweater without feeling constricted. I ride my bike to work in this and have no problems with movement. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this jacket but it's great for what it is.

Leave a comment:

• millionaire75
    replied
    I decided to keep the waxed jacket because how can u go wrong for 20 bucks (I can always use it as a work jacket for the yard). The sizing surprised me though. I can usually swing a Small in most brands but this jacket in small was tight that I could barely get my biceps through the jacket. Anyone else experience the same?

Leave a comment:

• BigBayesian
    replied
    Went by today, but had to rush. 5 minutes got me a stafford prep cotton sport coat and waxed jacket for $20 each (I'm still not sure about the waxed, but I'll compare it to my land's end one. I'm actually kindof surprised - the stafford felt an awful lot like a Coach waxed cotton jacket I tried yesterday at an outlet mall (guy said they were from the mainline stores originally)). Maybe my problem is my own issue with the correct texture of waxed cotton, rather than this jacket being wrong. Of course, no Barbours to handle where I'm at...

Leave a comment:

• marathon
    replied
    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Pretty sure I saw an 8 yesterday. If you're for srs, I'll pick them up for ya.
    Oops, I guess they run large, so it would have to be a 7.5, which I'm guessing they don't make. Thanks, though!

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by marathon View Post
    So my JCP hates me.. If anyone sees one in 7.5 or 8, pick them up for me!
    Pretty sure I saw an 8 yesterday. If you're for srs, I'll pick them up for ya.

Leave a comment:

• tfs
    replied
    I've had two of the merino cardigans for a few months now. they're pretty comfortable and seem to be holding up well. also grabbed the claiborne wingtips earlier this week, as well as some clarks bushacres for $13 a pair.

Leave a comment:

• marathon
    replied
    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Snagged those brown suede Claiborne wingtips for $20, and a few sweaters for $7. Pretty sweet deals to be had still.
    So my JCP hates me.. If anyone sees one in 7.5 or 8, pick them up for me!

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Snagged those brown suede Claiborne wingtips for $20, and a few sweaters for $7. Pretty sweet deals to be had still.

Leave a comment:

• flyinghippo
    replied
    local stores are doing huge clearance sales, just picked up a few 100% wool Claiborne pants at $6.97 apiece and ties at $2.97, among other $6.97 shirts and cardigans (100% merino wool). Price on the website seems to be a lot higher on most of the stuff I bought in store, $25 vs. $6.97.

Might be worth dropping by.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    It's a little too pleathery, IMO. Too each - his own, of course. Otherwise I think they really nailed the look. Plus it's very trim compared to many Barbours - that's a good thing in my book. But yeah, even at $20 I put it back on the rack; again.

As BigBayesian inquires, I too would be interested in how it changes over time. It's sooooo close to being a great, affordable (OK, *cheap*) alternative for the "look" of the real deal. If it somehow loses some of that squeaky pleatherness it would be a true score, but I'm skeptical. Hope it works out for you, millionaire.

Leave a comment:

• BigBayesian
    replied
    I took a look on black friday, and HATED the feel of it - almost like ridged plastic. Does it get better after a day or two?

Leave a comment:

• Stafford Prep Waxed Jacket - 20 bucks on clearance at JCP

Just picked up this waxed jacket for 20 bucks in store:

http://www.jcpenney.com/men/sale/sta...d=pp5003030060

I figure all of this stuff will be discontinued once JCP goes back to the way it was so might as well pick one up.
Working...
X