No announcement yet.

J Crew Ludlow brown herringbone English wool sportcoat, $125 or less in store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Ludlow brown herringbone English wool sportcoat, $125 or less in store

Someone originally brought this deal to my attention, but I can't find the thread to give them credit. Feel free to toot your own horn if you see this.

The J Crew Ludlow brown herringbone English wool sportcoat is $125 at J Crew stores, Final Sale. The reason this was a big deal for me is its the first jacket/sportcoat/blazer that has ever fit me properly! I got the 34S which appears to be sold out. Stock has changed periodically, though.

https://www.jcrew.com/index.jsp?bmFo...ndIt&findIt=GO

If you buy online, it's $280 minus 40% or $168. Instead, call the store and check for it in stock in your area. If they have it online, they'll offer to place the order for you and mail it to you. They want to make the sale, after all. They prefer to have you stop in, but my store took my info over the phone. The store price is $250 and the store sale is 50%, for a total of $125 with free shipping, so make sure both of these deals apply when you place your order.

Great deal! I remember placing orders over the phone for Banana Republic as well. The Klentfield pants are always out of stock online, but if you call the BR stores they will track them down and personally ship them to you.

Comment

I saw this jacket in my local J Crew store a few weeks ago and really liked it. The only concern i have is with the slimmer lapels. Wonder if it will be out of vogue in a couple of years and make the jacket will look dated.

Comment

This one was tagged in my store for $59.99 with an extra 50% off, so probably could get it for $30. https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...sFromSale=true

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
          This one was tagged in my store for $59.99 with an extra 50% off, so probably could get it for $30. https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...sFromSale=true
          Did you see any XS at your store? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
            There was only one - I'll check to see what size tomorrow when they're open but I'm 99% certain I remember it being L or XL b/c it was too big for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
              it was XL - you can use the J. Crew "we'll find it for you" service and they will honor that price if they find you an XS - this was at the J. Crew Atlanta Lenox Mall store if they need that information (which I don't think they do).

Comment

J Crew refused to do a search because it's not full price. They said I would need to call each store in my area. That seems cumbersome..

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                  J Crew refused to do a search because it's not full price. They said I would need to call each store in my area. That seems cumbersome..
                  hmmm..I thought that's what people had done in the first place, i.e. called in even though it was on sale and the person wasn't in the store. It may just depend on who you get.

Comment

Thanks Pull, I got your message earlier. I would have replied to it if I wasn't caught up with some plumbing problems. Funny thing is that I live right by the Mall of Georgia. I checked there today and there Men's clearance section was sad, and will always be. The had odd sized blue chinos, no sport coats, and boxers on hangers? It was almost a joke of a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce View Post
                      Thanks Pull, I got your message earlier. I would have replied to it if I wasn't caught up with some plumbing problems. Funny thing is that I live right by the Mall of Georgia. I checked there today and there Men's clearance section was sad, and will always be. The had odd sized blue chinos, no sport coats, and boxers on hangers? It was almost a joke of a sale.
                      No problem - honestly, the sale section at Lenox has been sad as well. I think you just had to get there right when that first 40% off hit to have any decent selection. One member did find something at the Perimeter J. Crew. For future reference, only the Lenox and Perimeter J. Crew stores carry Ludlow items, so I've been told by sales associates. Lenox has almost everything b/c it has a Men's shop and half the store is a Ludlow Suiting section, while Perimeter supposedly only gets 2-3 styles.

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
                        No problem - honestly, the sale section at Lenox has been sad as well. I think you just had to get there right when that first 40% off hit to have any decent selection. One member did find something at the Perimeter J. Crew. For future reference, only the Lenox and Perimeter J. Crew stores carry Ludlow items, so I've been told by sales associates. Lenox has almost everything b/c it has a Men's shop and half the store is a Ludlow Suiting section, while Perimeter supposedly only gets 2-3 styles.
                        Thanks Pull, I always wondered if the sale section at Lenox would be larger since they have the separate Men's shop. The sale "section" at Perimeter is very limited.

Comment

Working...
                        X