BR 50% off section, includes some suits/sportcoats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dackman View Post
    I only have experience with the Tailored Fit blazers/sportcoats, and I don't think I would classify them as slim. Tailored, yes. Slim, probably not.
    Interesting. They fit very slim on me. If they were any more slim, the waist would be too suppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      Interesting. They fit very slim on me. If they were any more slim, the waist would be too suppressed.
      How would you compare the fit with say the JCF Thompson? On me the JCF is just a bit slimmer in the waist (though that might also be the effect of the lower button stance) though it still fits great. I think I'm just judging it on other slim fit blazers that I've tried (and not purchased) where not only was the waist too constricting but so were the arms.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
        How would you compare the fit with say the JCF Thompson? On me the JCF is just a bit slimmer in the waist (though that might also be the effect of the lower button stance) though it still fits great. I think I'm just judging it on other slim fit blazers that I've tried (and not purchased) where not only was the waist too constricting but so were the arms.
        Overall, the JCF jackets are a touch longer on me. I wear a 36S in JCF and 36R in BR Tailored Fit. The button stance is definitely lower on the JCF.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          Overall, the JCF jackets are a touch longer on me. I wear a 36S in JCF and 36R in BR Tailored Fit. The button stance is definitely lower on the JCF.
          Yeah the JCF is definitely longer. I'm also wearing a bigger jacket than you in a 44R, I've got a bit extra in the mid-section that I'm compensating for when fitting for jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
            Should I expect this to be a slim fit? "Updated fit with broad appeal. Slightly trim overall." Sounds like I would be buying a box that fits everyone but not me. The Bar III slim fit from Macy's is a perfect fit.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=554809002
            Ended up buying it. Free returns, so along with the other versions (Macy's Bar III, JCP Clairborne, JCF Thompson), I can pick one or two to keep and return the rest. From what people have said, coupons affecting suits are infrequent, so I'd might as well try it on. It's not like I'll find a 36S in town anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X