Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    LAST NIGHT WAS THE RED WING-EDDING

I grabbed the 9105's for $82.50 after discounts. Added some cyling gear to get free shipping. Unreal. Will be my first pair of Redwings. Kind of wish I would have gotten the mocs but oh well.
    seems like stp is randomly adding stock. this morning i saw the 9107 moc toe show up with lots of sizes, though it quickly sold out. might want to keep checking back!

my order says that it is still processing and if yours is the same, you probably could still make a change

Comment

Has anyone's shipped yet? I saw the deal pretty early when all the styles were available EXCEPT the one I wanted (story of my life). So instead I got the 1000 mile seconds in brown. Mine hasn't shipped and it's been two days now so I was chatting with a customer service rep, and she told me they were trying to "locate it in stores" . First of all, they're seconds and I doubt they carry seconds in store. Secondly, I thought I caught the deal pretty early on when all the sizes were still available in every color. What happened???

I looked up ratings for Sierra Trading Post and more than half of them are "1 star" negative. They already charged my card. I hope my experience ends well.

Comment

I ordered my Red Wing moc toe in black from STP on Wednesday night. I got the shipping notification yesterday. I just checked the tracking, scheduled for early arrival on Tuesday!

Comment

Mine shipped also.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
            I ordered my Red Wing moc toe in black from STP on Wednesday night. I got the shipping notification yesterday. I just checked the tracking, scheduled for early arrival on Tuesday!
            Not sure if these are the same ones you got, but folks interested in a RW black moc toe should know that Nordstrom has this first quality one for $149: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing...esults-_-1_1_D

Comment

Mine had a different sole and no contrast stitching. It looked like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00593...110_SY165_QL70

Comment

^ they are different, those are the 9030 from the beckman line. I got a pair of them too, which just shipped a few minutes ago

Comment

I missed the Iron Rangers, but ordered some 875s and 9030 Beckmans from STP. Would be interested to see photos for any of you that ordered 2nds to compare what, if any, "defects" are on your boots! I'll do the same once I receive mine.

Comment

ha i ordered the same 2 boots, but decided 2 was overdoing it and canceled the white brick sole boot. my order should arrive wednesday. hoping for the best!

Comment

I got my Red Wing Beckman 9030 moc toe boot 2nds today from Sierra Trading Post. Got it during their recent RED WING-AMAGEDDON sale.

Alanm, on my first inspection, I see only this "defect":

Looks like a gouge at the edge of the leather outsole, near the heel. It is hardly noticeable. I have never bought 2nds before, so I don't have any experience with other defects. But if this is the only thing wrong, I think its a good deal.

I will look closer and post some more pictures tomorrow.

Comment

How's the sizing feel on them, compared to AEs?

Comment

Mine finally shipped, I was getting nervous.
                          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Mighty Joes Bank is having their shoes trees on sale again for $8.90 with free shipping. Perfect for the stp red wing second.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_101593

Comment

My 9017's arrived yesterday, but sadly, I think they will be returned.

At first glance, they looked ok. There were a couple imperfections in the upper leather (small scratches, stretch marks near bottom of lacing, etc) but since they're boots, I wasn't worried about them. However, the fit and finish on the heel of one boot was awful. The leather where the stitching ends was bubbled up, the top of the heel between the stitching was flaking, and the heel itself didn't sit flush with the forefoot. The entire sole didn't rest on the ground, and you could rock it back and forth, which I think would feel very imbalanced while wearing them.

If the leather blemishes were the only issue, I'd keep them. However, the heel problems take them beyond the limit of acceptable factory seconds. It's a shame because I've wanted these for a while, and $140 shipped was a great price.

Comment

My Beckman Chukkas came in yesterday. Only flaw I've noticed is the back piece of leather on the right shoe is crooked, tried to show that with a pic from the back and from the top. Leaning towards keeping them, what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X