The best deal Ive ever seen on Redwings seconds, under 150 for Iron Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I already do like them on FB but don't check in there often. Thanks for the tip. It brought it down to $112.

YoYo - I just reordered it in my normal 9 and a size down in 8.5. I figure I'll return the one that doesn't fit. At $112, I don't want to miss out. Although I do remember people having bad luck with STP seconds last go around so I don't have high hopes.
    I ordered a pair of 1000 Mile 2nds from them, for my girlfriend a few weeks back. We ordered a 2nd pair to change sizes. Neither had any issues that we could visibly find to earn the 2nds tag. Very pleased-and I'mw watching them for another pair of something that I'd like.

Comment

Got my order price adjusted to the 40% off. Awesome customer service. They did it without question. The pair I ordered actually dropped to $95. The CSR added a pair of wool socks to the order so the free shipping would still be applied and i got everything for $100. Unreal deal.

Comment

At some point last night, their site started showing the beckman 9030, which is the moc toe beckman in cigar brown. I opted for that instead, taking a half size down from my dress shoe size. Hope it was the right choice in size!

Comment

^ sorry to have missed that, any idea if the stock is updating or is it static?

Comment

I'm actually considering canceling my order. They seem a bit clunky for chukkas and do I really need another pair?

Comment

Originally posted by patelsd View Post
              ^ sorry to have missed that, any idea if the stock is updating or is it static?
              stp doesn't restock; once it's gone, its usually gone for good. maybe if someone cancels/returns it

Comment

I'm actually considering canceling my order. They seem a bit clunky for chukkas and do I really need another pair?
                V, I just finished typing a massive reply to your IM. Wow, I can really babble-on sometimes (*sometimes*?). Anyway, please check that out, but in short as a simple reply to the above concern:

(1) They are clunky for chukkas - but really they are a hybrid chukka/workboot, so in that view they really work well.

(2) You absolutely do NOT need another pair. LOL - Your current footwear arsenal ROCKS! If I recall you have both chukkas and workboots covered quite nicely, but of course if you want to add a "hybrid" - and if you have the disposable means - then go for it. Great price!

Comment

I can't answer the second part, but I did have similar concerns about the styling.

I've been eying them from a far for a while, but am not sure how they'll look in person, especially with my size 13. My local RW store doesn't carry them.

I ordered a pair, and am going to see how they look upon arrival. I'd like to keep them as my bad weather dress shoes, but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    V, I just finished typing a massive reply to your IM. Wow, I can really babble-on sometimes (*sometimes*?). Anyway, please check that out, but in short as a simple reply to the above concern:

(1) They are clunky for chukkas - but really they are a hybrid chukka/workboot, so in that view they really work well.

(2) You absolutely do NOT need another pair. LOL - Your current footwear arsenal ROCKS! If I recall you have both chukkas and workboots covered quite nicely, but of course if you want to add a "hybrid" - and if you have the disposable means - then go for it. Great price!
                    I appreciate the lengthy reply. It actually helped me to decide to cancel my order since you're right in that I don't 'need' another pair, especially after getting my Alden Indy. If they had the same shoes in black, I would have kept the order and actually been ecstatic about it. But I already have too many brown chukkas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Foley View Post
                      I just submitted this to Reddit so it might be in your best interest to hop on it quick, just a heads up
                      Minor threadjack: I've been getting into the world of reddit the last couple months (finally). What subreddit would one find such deals posted?

Comment

r/frugalmalefashion

glad i withheld from the wolverine 1k sale from a while back, this red wing one was much better

Comment

I thought about the Beckman as a bad weather shoe, but I'm not really sure if a chukka qualifies. If it's snowy and icy on Chicago streets, I think I'll probably want more than 2 eyelets worth of ankle security. @yoro - Am I wrong?

Sorry I missed out on some of the brown boots. I think I'll stick with my Chippewa Apaches from last year for rough weather for now.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                            I thought about the Beckman as a bad weather shoe, but I'm not really sure if a chukka qualifies. If it's snowy and icy on Chicago streets, I think I'll probably want more than 2 eyelets worth of ankle security. @yoro - Am I wrong?
                            I'll let ya know in a month or so. Yikes!

Only had mine since the end of May this year, so no ugly icy/snowy conditions XP with them as of yet. The soles look to be VERY Winter weather worthy (alliteration much?), but not sure on the ankle support, or potential lack thereof. I have twisted my foot once or twice this Fall, just going for a lunchtime walk at work, and that was in a grassy (slightly uneven) field, so you might be onto something there.

I have every intention of wearing the ever-living crap outta mine this Winter, but if I do experience any issues as you hint towards, then yeah I'll keep them back for mostly Spring and Fall duties.

I have a couple other options at my disposal for the Winter too: some Wolverine Branson gore-tex hiker-type of boots (whatever that iconic yet semi-unfashionable old school ski/hiking-boot or whatever - what are they called?), some Stafford Camlins (wingtip boots) for somewhat dressier/smarter casual looks, and some beater St. John's Bay Rappels (high-laced moc-toe Fye-ish-lookalikes, but not feelalikes (another new word?)) - all which handle the typical SE-Michigan snow and ice with no real issues.

Anyway, remind me in a little bit, if I forget, to report back on the Beckman chukkas in this role too, if we get any real snow/ice this year, that is. Good question.

Comment

I grabbed the cap-toe lugged sole iron rangers. excited. 127, could've been less if I had been smarter with the codes but at the rate the shoes were flying I had to pounce.

Comment

LAST NIGHT WAS THE RED WING-EDDING

I grabbed the 9105's for $82.50 after discounts. Added some cyling gear to get free shipping. Unreal. Will be my first pair of Redwings. Kind of wish I would have gotten the mocs but oh well.
                                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                                X