• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best deal Ive ever seen on Redwings seconds, under 150 for Iron Rangers

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/men...ritage~b~4167/

AUKNOV3 is 25% off
    WOW

I just submitted this to Reddit so it might be in your best interest to hop on it quick, just a heads up

Comment

these red wings look sweet:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/red...r-men~p~6767f/

comes to $163 with the code. i don't need another boot, but maybe it could be useful as a spare...

costs $370 on amazon new.
      Last edited by LCDR; December 4, 2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting the Red Wing Beckman chukka but not sure of the sizing. Does anyone know if they run TTS or if I should size down a bit?

Comment

Wow. In the time it took to get home and log in to buy the IR in my size, they're sold out in everything but size 13. If I'd seen the post from Jack Foley about putting it on reddit I would've bought them before I left work... You snooze, you lose.

I actually bought that pair for $280 during the BB 30% off Corporate event, but just couldn't justify the cost, and they're going back. With my coupon code the 2nds would've been $120, which is much more palatable. Oh well, guess I'll scour ebay in a few days for the re-sellers.

Comment

I got the Beckman chukka for $140. Used the app to order so I got free shipping. Went down .5 a size. Hope it works out.

Comment

Jamie, you were scaring me so I put in an order for the Red Wing Beckman moc toe 2nds in black size 8. Didn't want them to sell out. Hopefully it goes through.

I sized down 1/2 size from my usual shoe size.

Used the 30% off code for signing up for the flyer. Thanks jack foley. Total $151.55 with shipping.

I like the style, but I read on amazon reviews that there is a long painful break-in period. Oh well, if all else fails, maybe I could flip it on eBay.

Comment

i bought the moc toes with the white brick sole. why not... after using my return credits of $55 they came out to about $25 shipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  I got the Beckman chukka for $140. Used the app to order so I got free shipping. Went down .5 a size. Hope it works out.
                  Like their facebook page, their is a 40% off, there isn't a 40% code, it just take you to their webpage and add the RW chukka and it will take 40%.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                    these red wings look sweet:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/red...r-men~p~6767f/

comes to $163 with the code. i don't need another boot, but maybe it could be useful as a spare...

costs $370 on amazon new.
                    Those are the poor man Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      Red Wings are the poor man's nothing. Fantastic shoes, fantastic materials and construction.
                      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Vicious, I have the Beckman chukkas in the same size as most of my *dress* shoes (ex: AEs - Madison Ave, Vernon, Strand), Which happens to be 1/2 size down from my "measured" foot. Works well for me. Be warned: they are not the most comfortable things for the first week or so. I think that's pretty normal for these hardy type of boots.

I will say that somedays I wish I had the more traditional taller lace-ups vs the chukkas, mainly because the higher 2-eyelet design of the chukka lacing leaves some pretty major open landscape up front, whereas the longer lace-up style would fill some that in better.

Still, they are a pretty sweet boot, and the solid brown sole-edge looks better than the lighter trimmed-edge of the full-laceup option does to me eyes.

Does any of that make sense? LOL

In the end, I see some dudes locally sporting boots that look more like the 1000 Mile/RW full-laceup *regular* Beckman style, but I have yet to see another fella wearing the chukka version. I like to be a little bit different, so that's cool with me.

Oh, and I paid $102 for mine at Nordy Rack. So there, guys! Naner-naner-naner!

Comment

I already have an Indy. See my review: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...t=alden+review

But this Red Wing is just different, not inherently worse, and not just for poor men. Also it is in black and it has a rubber sole, which gives me a different look. I will try it out and give it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                            I already have an Indy. See my review: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...t=alden+review

But this Red Wing is just different, not inherently worse, and not just for poor men. Also it is in black and it has a rubber sole, which gives me a different look. I will try it out and give it a chance.
                            thanks for the review, i am waiting for my indy 403 to arrives for the haberdash sale. I also order the beckman moc toes boots in black as well.

Comment

Like their facebook page, their is a 40% off, there isn't a 40% code, it just take you to their webpage and add the RW chukka and it will take 40%.
                              I already do like them on FB but don't check in there often. Thanks for the tip. It brought it down to $112.

YoYo - I just reordered it in my normal 9 and a size down in 8.5. I figure I'll return the one that doesn't fit. At $112, I don't want to miss out. Although I do remember people having bad luck with STP seconds last go around so I don't have high hopes.

Comment

Working...
                              X