IndoChino vs Suitsupply Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IndoChino vs Suitsupply Deals

So back when Indochino was $350 for an essential, a friend of mine found a deal that included a shirt and some other goodies for what I think was $375. I didn't purchase the deal (the coupon was on a Groupon-esque site) and decided that $350 was affordable with or without a code...

Wellllllll, times have changed. Now that I can't get an essential suit from Indochino for $350, has anyone seen anything similar to the deal I described?

I'm debating whether a (tailored) suit from SuitSupply is a better deal than Indochino....thoughts?

SuitSupply is a better deal. You may not need to get much/any tailoring done on it. Free shipping and returns over $300 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevalier View Post
      So back when Indochino was $350 for an essential, a friend of mine found a deal that included a shirt and some other goodies for what I think was $375. I didn't purchase the deal (the coupon was on a Groupon-esque site) and decided that $350 was affordable with or without a code...

Wellllllll, times have changed. Now that I can't get an essential suit from Indochino for $350, has anyone seen anything similar to the deal I described?

I'm debating whether a (tailored) suit from SuitSupply is a better deal than Indochino....thoughts?
      So... first- greeting to all. I've been lurking on this site forever and am a big fan. Thougt I'd add my two cents finally...

I too got the 375 suit, shirt, tie deal. Bottom line: I am one of the guys who had a not so great experience at indochino. You get what you pay for. I am not a believer in custom suits online. The measurements are just too hard to screw up- that and so much of it comes down to a good tailor. Nothing you don't already know. Anyway- even after recutting the jacket and pants they were not close to fitting right. I was sent overseas when the suit came back- the second time- so by the time I got back to try it on- the tailoring credit and recut period expired. So- it will take (have not doen it yet) about 150 in tailoring to fix- and the pants are so tight int he thighs that they stretch when I sit down. During the recut I added 2 inches to the thigh measurement and requested they include material so I could let them out. Neither seemed to have been done. The shirt? IMHO was poor quality (material-wise- very thin) and so tight that I could barely wear it. YMMV- but I will not repeat.

Ok rant over. Now. I finally got a suitsupply suit. Yes it cost more. I got a napoli fit 3-piece. 599 + 120 for alterations. Super 130s- butter soft. fully lined, half canvass. I could not be happier with it. Great experience in their DC store as well. I got hands on some of their less-expensive suits- even the 400 ones looked and felt great.

So- for the money, again imho, I'd opt for SS.

Happy hunting!

Comment

Working...
      X