Land's End Pincord Summer Suit - $50ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land's End Pincord Summer Suit - $50ish

I just ordered the tailored coat and matching pants for next summer, think it will run around $50 (before shipping, tax) for both for US customers, and there's a 10% off code. I'm in Canada, so I'm punished with duty, et al., what we call The Nickelback Payback Principle.

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...1?CM_MERCH=OTC

At last glance, sizes are limited. I'd consider this a classic example of buying something because it's cheap. I'll probably end up returning it. Patch pockets, gah.

I saw it yesterday... Even thought it is crazy inexpensive (with potential to go even cheaper with a 30% off code), I just don't know if I will ever wear it. But for sub $50 maybe it is worth having around?

Comment

They only have the jacket left in 38. The 40 and 42 won't add to the cart. Bummer. I would have done it.

Comment

man, $29.50 to get it as a summer blazer is very tempting. But like others.... I just dont know if I'd wear it.

Comment

Alan, if you pm me your email address I can forward you my email as I wont be using it. Its a click through unique code. Ill be home around 9 tonight to send it if you want it.

Edit* Sorry this was meant for the ll bean post, dual windows haha

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
            Alan, if you pm me your email address I can forward you my email as I wont be using it. Its a click through unique code. Ill be home around 9 tonight to send it if you want it.

Edit* Sorry this was meant for the ll bean post, dual windows haha
            I appreciate it, but they don't have my size. :-S thanks, though.

Comment

I have the LL Bean code is what I meant, I posted my reply in the wrong thread hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                I have the LL Bean code is what I meant, I posted my reply in the wrong thread hahaha
                LOL DOH! Well I'm on a spending freeze, anyway. I'd break the fast for a $50 summer suit, but I'm not looking for anything. Thanks. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kittiwake30 View Post
                  what we call The Nickelback Payback Principle.
                  You can never pay the world back enough. Especially now that Mr. Nickleback is dating Avril Lavigne (also your fault) and they put out a product-placement song together (10x your fault, Canada)...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Never wear it? Son, rethink the pincord!
                    These here suits are great for summertime.
                    More subtle than seersucker yet still light and airy. Perfect for outdoor activities like weddings, etc.
                    Dont know about the LE version but my Uniqlo pincord is the top of cool.

Comment

Hrm, that's tempting. Especially because out here in CA it's basically summer for 9 months of the year.
                      Last edited by Eric F; October 25, 2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I'm in. Curious to see how it'll fit as they didn't have short or regular size designations on the blazer. Will also need to get the pants tailored as the closest they had was 34 x 30, which is a couple extra inches. Apparently it has some kind of waistband that is easily tailored...

Used a 30% off one item + free shipping over $50 code. (WARMER with the pin: 1329) Threw in four pairs of clearance socks for a total of 52 something. Not bad!

Comment

Got mine today. The 34x30 pants are huge on me granted I'm a 31x30 or 32x30 depending on brand. The jacket is a little on the long side but fits pretty decent otherwise. I think the deciding factor on whether or not I'm keeping this is how much it will cost to tailor the pants. They'll need everything, waist tightened, taper the whole legs, probably a little shortening too.
                          5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I think I should have deferred on these. The fit is wack, and the breast pocket looks terrible. Gonna be returning it today.

Comment

Working...
                            X