Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross finds

    I've been finding a ton of really good deals at my local TJ Maxx and Marshalls lately. Can't afford to buy most of them, but I figured I'd show a few that I saw today.

    **If there's something that catches your fancy and you want it, shoot me a PM and I can try to arrange something.**

    Corneliani blazer. FEELS LIKE WEARING AIR!





    Kiton cashmere and silk sweater. WANT. SO. BAD.




    #2
    Jack Spade 13" laptop messenger bag. Was $70 on clearance.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Jack Spade 13" laptop messenger bag. Was $70 on clearance.

      Huh. Saw this (in grey) for $120 or $130 at the Rochester, NY Marshall's a week ago

      Comment


        #4
        Wow. I feel blessed if some decent Levi's show up at mine. Not a chance that more than 1% of the local population has any clue who/what Jack Spade is.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BoneStock View Post
          Wow. I feel blessed if some decent Levi's show up at mine. Not a chance that more than 1% of the local population has any clue who/what Jack Spade is.
          Same here. At the stores near me Calvin Klein is about the fanciest stuff they get. Once in a blue moon I'll spot a Brook Brothers shirt in some ridiculous size and color. I pretty much just go there to buy underwear now (2(x)ist and Calvin Klein stuff). Izod and CK are the brands that get their own racks. Might be a Tommy Hilfiger rack as well.
          Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

          Comment


            #6
            I have to wonder, though, who goes to TJ Maxx to spend $250 on a sweater? I just can't see that selling at that price, given their customer profile, period. I guess it does....or maybe it winds its way to the yellow tag clearance rack and eventually sells for $50?

            Comment


              #7
              BTW, thanks for the pictures though. I would love for this thread to take off.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by AMProf View Post
                I have to wonder, though, who goes to TJ Maxx to spend $250 on a sweater? I just can't see that selling at that price, given their customer profile, period. I guess it does....or maybe it winds its way to the yellow tag clearance rack and eventually sells for $50?
                That's what I'm hoping for. I try to check this one store (in a nicer area of town) once a week to see what's moved over to clearance.

                They carry a ton of luxury items: RL purple label, Marc Jacobs, Rag & Bone, etc.

                Snagged a pair of Ralph Lauren Polo selvedge jeans for $30. Sadly, they don't fit. :/

                Comment


                  #9
                  I support this thread, though I don't shop there very often. I have a Marshall's gift card from 7 months ago that I haven't bothered to use yet.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm a huge TJ Maxx and Marshalls fan (we don't have Ross around here). I'd estimate 90% of my non-online shopping for personal goods or housewares is at one of those two stores.

                    In my area, TJX stores are very hit and miss. One trip I'll buy a dozen pairs of Pantherella socks for $40 and then won't be able to find anything for a month or more. It's almost like thrifting for new stuff.

                    The most frustrating part is two of the stores are the "Runway" stores (ie get high end gear), but the pieces are almost always in big sizes. I'd love to get another RLPL dress shirt, but would be swimming in these... hah.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                      I'm a huge TJ Maxx and Marshalls fan (we don't have Ross around here). I'd estimate 90% of my non-online shopping for personal goods or housewares is at one of those two stores.

                      In my area, TJX stores are very hit and miss. One trip I'll buy a dozen pairs of Pantherella socks for $40 and then won't be able to find anything for a month or more. It's almost like thrifting for new stuff.

                      The most frustrating part is two of the stores are the "Runway" stores (ie get high end gear), but the pieces are almost always in big sizes. I'd love to get another RLPL dress shirt, but would be swimming in these... hah.
                      Thrifting for new stuff. I think that's my niche! HaHa. This store is one of their runway stores.

                      What size RLPL shirt do wear? I'll keep an eye out.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Found some brown Florsheim Marltons for $37 at Ross just the other day. The leather is much nicer in person than the website pics would lead you to believe:

                        http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12064-200.html

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                          Thrifting for new stuff. I think that's my niche! HaHa. This store is one of their runway stores.

                          What size RLPL shirt do wear? I'll keep an eye out.
                          Hah mine too!

                          I wear a 15.5/35. I'm not looking for them right now, but would consider one if it's a steal price in a staple color.

                          The only piece I'm really looking for is a navy cardigan similar to this one from Jack Spade. I'm hoping to find one for $50 or less.

                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/271136991069...84.m1423.l2649

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                            Hah mine too!

                            I wear a 15.5/35. I'm not looking for them right now, but would consider one if it's a steal price in a staple color.

                            The only piece I'm really looking for is a navy cardigan similar to this one from Jack Spade. I'm hoping to find one for $50 or less.

                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/271136991069...84.m1423.l2649
                            They had a similar one in navy, but it had pockets with orange trim. Can't remember the price though.

                            I'm waaay out of town at the moment, but I'll check again next weekend.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Wow. As others have said, the best I can find in my local Marshalls (don't even know where a TJ Maxx is in my area) is Calvin Klein, and sometimes some irregular Brooks Brothers ties. At a Marshall's a bit further away, they usually have some 7 for all Mankind jeans, but that's as high quality as it gets. About the only things I've bought at those stores recently are chucks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X