Share your "almost a great deal" story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your "almost a great deal" story

Decided to put this up since it literally just happened to me!

Steven Alan launched a 40% coupon code today off their already reduced sale prices. Just what I was waiting for because when they first started their sale a few weeks ago, there was one specific item I wanted...the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots (black). BAM - added item to cart, applied the code, price reduced. At that time I should have completed my check out, so that is my bad...but I didnt think anything of it since the coupon had no limitations other than can only be used on sale items, and the Wolverine boots had always been included in the sale items since it first started. Well, to my luck, Steven Alan decided to be deceitful and tasteless and remove the boots from the sale (although when you do a research for sale items, the boots still show on sale at $325 vs $340...but when you go to the full item details, the price is back to $340).

Now I understand that some companies make mistakes (like Jos. A. Bank recently with the AE $40 markdown - OOPS). But the sale on these boots were no mistake. Anyways, I was hoping to cop this deal and share it with everyone here but doesnt look like that will be the case.

Steven Alan just lost a customer.

Originally posted by rayguy24 View Post
    Steven Alan just lost a customer.
    C'mon man, they didn't intend to sell them at that severely discounted price so they didn't. If you had pulled the trigger as soon as you got them in the cart, it would have been great, but you didn't. No reason to be pissy after. We all try to game the system to get deals. I perpetually leave Peal & Co shoes in my BB cart so if they have a 40% off anything code and they pull Peals from the site, I already have them. (This has worked before.) RL sometimes pulls cordovan during sales, BB pulls Peals, etc. If it's not profitable for the retailer to sell them at that price then they don't. If you luck out and find a way to get them, then that's a great story. Saying "Steven Alan just lost a customer" is pretty jive, and honestly if they lose a customer that will only purchase something if it's below invoice, do you think they care? We're all playing the sale and coupon code game, that's one of the main reasons why we're hanging out here. Just play along and post your "got a great deal" stories in the Deals thread so we can all benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
      C'mon man, they didn't intend to sell them at that severely discounted price so they didn't. If you had pulled the trigger as soon as you got them in the cart, it would have been great, but you didn't. No reason to be pissy after. We all try to game the system to get deals. I perpetually leave Peal & Co shoes in my BB cart so if they have a 40% off anything code and they pull Peals from the site, I already have them. (This has worked before.) RL sometimes pulls cordovan during sales, BB pulls Peals, etc. If it's not profitable for the retailer to sell them at that price then they don't. If you luck out and find a way to get them, then that's a great story. Saying "Steven Alan just lost a customer" is pretty jive, and honestly if they lose a customer that will only purchase something if it's below invoice, do you think they care? We're all playing the sale and coupon code game, that's one of the main reasons why we're hanging out here. Just play along and post your "got a great deal" stories in the Deals thread so we can all benefit.
      This. It bugs the heck out of me when people whine about losing a deal for a reason like this. Think about someone other than yourself, or try to put yourself in the shoes of someone at the company.

Comment

That feeling when you walk into a thrift store and you see someone else holding awesome items that could have been yours if you came 10 minutes earlier...

Comment

I was in Paris at a shoe store and saw a pair of brown balmorals that would fill the void in my shoe collection. The leather was fantastic, the shape was amazing, and they just fit so perfect on my foot. I decided I would wait and talk with my fiancee before making the purchase but there was a sale sign and when in Paris you know? So we decide I get to purchase the shoes as she had already racked up quite a few purchases that day. We head into the store, get the shoes and when they rung up the shoes it was showing full price. I asked why this was and they said that particular pair was not on sale but it was for the ugly pair next to them. Now this price adjustment was roughly 50% so I was not going to pay full price which was something along the lines of 280 Euros so I left empty handed that day.

I did end up going to Bexley Shoes of Paris and picking up some of their 2 for 200 Euro shoes. One pair of brown whole cuts and a Chelsea boot. I like them both but those bals were just stunning. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
          X