Frank & Oak OCBDs for $34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank & Oak OCBDs for $34

Frank & Oak has their OCBDs on sale for $34 (reg. $45) for the next two days using the promo code SUMMEROXFORD25. The only colours they are selling right now are mint and lavender (the product is called "Danforth Oxford in Mint/Lavender"). I have their OCBD in mint and it is easily my favourite shirt. I love how the fabric feels and the fit is really good for me.

Fair warning for those who haven't used F&O before: you need to register in order to browse their catalogue, which is why I haven't linked directly to the product page.

FULL DISCOLURE, actually, is that this is a referral link. But so far as I know, the only difference for you guys between this link and one directly to the website is that people who decide to purchase after clicking the link up top will get an extra $25 credit in their account after their first purchase (and since most shirts and pants are ~$45 or $50, that's half off a second purchase). But I don't know the rules around here about referral links (I'm new); I searched but couldn't find anything. I'll gladly fix this if it's frowned upon. Cheers!

Interesting. Is anyone a member of this "Hunt Club" where you get to try some stuff on and see if you like it before you buy? is there any catch to this?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Interesting. Is anyone a member of this "Hunt Club" where you get to try some stuff on and see if you like it before you buy? is there any catch to this?
      I'm a member. The answer to your question is both yes, there's a catch, and no, there isn't.

Yes, you can order three items per month between the 1st and the 5th for free home try on, and you will only be charged for what you keep. I have been doing this for months. If you don't want to order a crate, then you log into the website and select "skip crate."

THE CATCH IS, if you neither order a crate or skip one, you will be charged $45 in store credit. The good news is you will receive an email at the beginning of the month and another three days into it reminding you to order or skip. I set a calendar reminder to go off every month. Since I have never forgotten to order or skip, I have never been charged the $45.

The advantages to membership are free shipping both ways, and full cash refunds on crate orders (things you order from the 6th-31st can only be returned for store credit). Hunt Club members also get special discounts from time to time as well as 8% back of every order in store credit.

Comment

I'm also a Hunt Club member, and I've had no problem with the service.

The only thing that I've had a problem with is that they've changed the fit of their shirts. I'm between an XS and S now in their new fit, and before I was a S which was awesome, because no tailoring. Now I have to get their S tailored, which for me is inexpensive (~$8), but I have to factor that into my cost.

I guess I have a problem with their lightweight shirts too. They feel cheap compared to the heavier shirts for Fall and Winter.

For the most part I've been happy with my services. Customer service is always helpful.

Full disclosure: I'm also an "Ambassador" for them, which means that I get to test (and keep) products, and shill from time-to-time.

Comment

Your shilling could use some work.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
            I used to be a member. I cancelled a few months back. I gave them a try for about 6-8 months. Most months I was struggling trying to find 3 items I wanted. It didn't help that I was in between sizes with them so a lot of the stuff was hit and miss for me. I also got fed up with them constantly raising prices. They started as a company where everything was supposed to be $50 or less and then they started expanding and now half the stuff listed on that site is over $50. It's cheaper for me to buy a shirt from JCrew during their sales than it is for me to buy an F&O shirt. Not to mention that the JCrew shirt will be much higher quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Native View Post
              Your shilling could use some work.
              Haaaa!

True. But the last thing I want to do is direct someone to F&O, and have them come away disappointed.

I really like the company, but they're still getting their feet wet. The fit issue and the United Tailor experiment are a couple of misfires, but their customer service is pretty awesome.

If anyone is interested, I really like their Valmont shirts. Quality fabric on that one. I haven't been too impressed with their current selection of OCBDs as far as fabric and collar goes, but their ones this past winter were pretty awesome.

Also, some of their shirts have built in collar stays. I've told them that if they're not removable, it's a bad idea. I usually go button down collar with them, though I'm wearing a nice grey shirt from this past Fall's collection, and I had my seamstress put in pockets for removable collar stays (didn't have any stays previously).

I've had good luck with their cotton blazers. I don't like their pants for the most part. Ties have been decent.

Comment

Yeah I believe its a hit or miss for most people. For me the fit of the shirts are prob the best I've found anywhere.

Comment

I've had no issues with Frank and Oak - I have a good stash of shirts and sweaters from them. I wouldn't say they're still getting their feet wet, as they were already in the MTM business as Modasuite (from which I got a few shirts, suits and ties from).

Comment

Working...
                  X