Exchanging online sales in store.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchanging online sales in store.

So a month ago I bought a pair of BR non-iron tailor fit pants online. They were the only size (29/32) left on a sale and I paid 31$ for them (normally 88+tax). My correct size is a 30/29, but I get pretty much everything tailored anyway...I figured the waist would be perfect and I tailor the legs. Well, the thighs were way to tight. I went to see if I could exchange them today, they said no problem, so I got a pair of 30/30's from the full price rack no questions asked.

Does everyone have a policy like this? The bad thing about big online sales is lack of sizes, but if BR is saying you can exchanges sizes in store then online size selection really doesn't matter.

Probably a little immoral of me, but I would do this again in the future.

I've done this with br before, and with plenty of other catalog only places (e.g. Lands end), they will happily exchange by mail the sale priced item free of charge (well, shipping in some cases). Doesn't seem immoral to me.

Comment

It gets morally dicey when you plan to do it with a purchase that you know you'll have to return / exchange, I.E. Banana Republic has an excellent price on a blazer, but only has it in 48L, and you're a 38R (which is in stock at another store / online, but at it's original retail price, or less-discounted). If you buy the 48L, intending to exchange it for the more expensive 38R, that's a little afield. If you buy it from eBay, then say "Oh, it was a gift, and my friend didn't get a gift receipt, but can I exchange it for one that fits me?", that's a little further afield.

Comment

If you buy the item from the online version of the retailer and exchange in the B&M store for the same item in a different size, that's never immoral, even if you expect that you will have to, IMO. They're still making their sale, and you're the one jumping through hoops.

If you buy it off ebay to exchange in the store, that's completely wrong. And if you buy from ebay and return to the store for a net profit, then that's theft.

Comment

Working...
        X