Lands End big time mens sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End big time mens sale

Just got an email that Lands End is having a 30-50% off all menswear online today. This can be combined with the already ongoing 40% off one item code SNOW w/pin 1174.

That brings their clothes down to REAL affordable levels. I'm about to score their $130 tailored fit flannel trousers in dark charcoal for $54.39. That's insane.

This ends today at midnight, so hit up Lands End RFN.

Can anyone comment on the fit of Lands End tailored fit pants? Compared to say Bonobos or a Levi's fit (I know that's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison).

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Nice catch. I ordered a new tie. $60 tie for $25 including shipping.

Comment

Ugh, I have a gift card I'd love to use but it's at home...Thinking about the fair isle sweater but it's a little busy...

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Actually, I would appreciate any feedback on any of their sizes. Do they run similar to LEC? How are their tailored shirts? I'm 6'1, 210lbs ish, 41/42 jacket, 35/36" pants and usually wear 16.5 x 35 shirts. The Neiman Marcus Trim Fit is perfect for me. In LEC I size down to a medium for tees and polos.

My choices:

Buttondown Tailored Brushed Highlander Shirt, $25 in Red Tattersail

Tailored Fit Pattern Hyde Park Buttondown, green, yellow, or red check, $35

Men's Regular Donegal Button Mock Sweater, in olive, $70 or $45 after discount.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I actually wrote a review on the tailored fit pants. Keep in mind I'm 6'2" 180lbs and usually wear a 31" pant.

http://wienerswingtips.tumblr.com/po...flannel-review

Comment

Does anyone have one of their tailored fit suit jackets? You can get the donegal one for about $130. (doesn't ship for till the 25th) I have a problem with most suit coats being made for someone who slouches. When I stand up straight there's excess cloth in back and it pulls the chest apart. Anyone have any experience with these? It looks really nice.

There's also a pair of tailored fit moleskin pants that look quite nice.

Comment

I'm so glad I didn't place that order last night.

Comment

Lol Jay, what were you looking at buying?

Comment

Might get a nice wool or cashmere winter hat for $15-25. I don't really need much, if anything, else.

Comment

@Albert, was going to order a few sweaters.

Comment

Damn so now the LE Fair Isle is cheaper than the LEC version?? I don't like the LE version because the colors are bright but really like the darker LEC one that was part of Joe's article yesterday :http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/FairIsleCrewneckSweater~215971_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HOQ&CM_MERC H=IDX_Men-_-Sweaters&origin=index

I thought LEC was supposed to be the cheap version??

Comment

@Albert, digging the tumblr man, pants look good! How do you like the rear on them; nice hug or flabby butt syndrome? Also, hows the taper, did you make any adjustments, or str8 OTR?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

@Max, the ones I have are straight OTR, I didn't make any adjustments. I am thinking about sending them back and getting them an inch smaller around the waist and unhemmed, so I can have my tailor work on them. From what I understand Lands End will take back anything as long as it's in one piece.

I think the rear is good on them. They are perfect from waist to knee, but a little too wide for me below that. I'd recommend them at their sale price, but full price for them is crazy.

Comment

For what it's worth, I actually found the tailored fit pants to run -small- in the waist. I wear a 32 in pretty much all pants, but clearly need a 33 in the year'rounder wool trousers.

The reviews from other people all indicate true to size or small - none indicate that they run large, so you're probably safer going with your regular size or +1", but definitely not -1".

This may not apply to the cotton/twill pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X