Crazy Deal on Wolverine 1000 Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    Wow, I'm not even sure what I would do with these boots, but still I want them. Thanks a lot dappered!
    You will wear them. A lot. All fall/winter. And probably into spring. I'm so excited to get these. I've been keeping tabs on them on Ebay and sales like the recent Club Monaco one but I kept thinking they still cost too much. Sales this this really justify my belief in not paying retail for anything. They rarely sell for this little used on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      You will wear them. A lot. All fall/winter. And probably into spring. I'm so excited to get these. I've been keeping tabs on them on Ebay and sales like the recent Club Monaco one but I kept thinking they still cost too much. Sales this this really justify my belief in not paying retail for anything. They rarely sell for this little used on Ebay.
      You're not doing a good job of convincing me to be more frugal with my money.

But really, I'm sure you're right. This just doesn't seem like the right shoe for me to be spending my money on at the moment though. In a years time though... I'm sure I'll be cursing myself for this missed opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        You're not doing a good job of convincing me to be more frugal with my money.

But really, I'm sure you're right. This just doesn't seem like the right shoe for me to be spending my money on at the moment though. In a years time though... I'm sure I'll be cursing myself for this missed opportunity!
        You might, but then you'll find something else you're just as happy to spend your money on. It's one of those things I keep reminding myself every time I pass on a "too good to miss deal". In fact the past few times I've been unsure yet jumped on deals I've had regret almost immediately after receiving the item. Luckily I'm usually able to make a return. If you can't imagine a reason to wear them, don't get them. For me, these have been on my radar since practically the moment I started caring more about how I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          You might, but then you'll find something else you're just as happy to spend your money on. It's one of those things I keep reminding myself every time I pass on a "too good to miss deal". In fact the past few times I've been unsure yet jumped on deals I've had regret almost immediately after receiving the item. Luckily I'm usually able to make a return. If you can't imagine a reason to wear them, don't get them. For me, these have been on my radar since practically the moment I started caring more about how I looked.
          Ditto. My default has shifted to "pass." Also I am happy with my wardrobe, honestly it could be trimmed down. But I have a soft spot for shoes (like so, so many). They're the first, and arguably most important point of contact with the world around us. On top of that, I think an outfit starts with the shoes, not ends with them - at least personally. I'll pick a pair of shoes and a shirt, or shoes and pants, or shoes and shorts I want - but my personal thought process always begins with 'what shoes am I going to wear today?'

Hence my perennial soft spot. At least now, I expect my pedal pursuits to last for years, as they are mostly of high quality and timeless design. But I had the shoe bug before I even started to dress better :-P

Comment

In, went a half size down, hope it fits. I would have ordered two sizes and returned one, but the code is only good for a single item :P

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
              Yes they run large by a full size.
              Depends on how wide your foot is. People with wider feet may not want to size down at all, but most people probably want to size down by 0.5. I would think only people with slim feet could size down by 1.0. This is all by your Brannock size, btw, not relative to any particular shoemaker's sizing.

The real hard part of sizing this shoe is that chromexcel stretches a lot over time, in width not length.

Comment

so what's the standard protocol with treating these before first wear? I'm sure new owners like me can benefit from a bit of knowledge.

Comment

I missed this and legitimately feel like I'm going to be sick.

Comment

Has anyone's shipped yet? I'm thinking whomever ordered brown, tan, or black might be ok. I ordered the cordovan and never received an email confirmation. I called a few hours later and the guy emailed me a scan of my order. It still hadn't shown up in my order history and it's been 2 days now. I just called them and they said it's been cancelled and they are all out of stock. She apologized but said they don't send out notifications for cancellations. I wish they had because I could have tried to get it in a different color. Oh well, I guess it saved me some money.

Comment

i received tracking for my brown pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Has anyone's shipped yet? I'm thinking whomever ordered brown, tan, or black might be ok. I ordered the cordovan and never received an email confirmation. I called a few hours later and the guy emailed me a scan of my order. It still hadn't shown up in my order history and it's been 2 days now. I just called them and they said it's been cancelled and they are all out of stock. She apologized but said they don't send out notifications for cancellations. I wish they had because I could have tried to get it in a different color. Oh well, I guess it saved me some money.
                        Mine shipped but I was also one of the first people to find the deal. Really sorry man, was hoping you'd get yours.

Comment

I got in less than an hour after you posted it so mine should have been near the top of the list. No biggie though as I didn't really need them anyways. I only bought them because it was such a good deal. Its good to know someone in here will actually receive theirs.

The order I'm really hoping goes through is the GILT deal where I ordered a filson bag and some ray bans.

Comment

Mine processed, they've taken my money, and I have a shipping notification / tracking number. No activity tho beyond that. I think I'm good.. hope so at least...

Comment

Rust shipped.

Waiting on Onward Reserve shipping my Filson heh

Comment

my filson et. al. is supposed to get here tomorrow.

kinda looking at the barbour jacket now....

Comment

Working...
                                X