Allen Edmonds: two for $200.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds: two for $200.

Allen Edmonds is currently having a sale in their outlet stores. They're selling discontinued models for two for $200. I know that the Lombard and Parliament are there, but I'm not sure what other styles are available.

Blast... I wish I lived somewhere near an AE outlet. Alas. :-(

Ben

Comment

If you email or call the factory outlets with your size, they will email you back with a list of currently stocked shoes in your size. In my size they only had one or two pairs per style for the majority of styles. I only had about five styles in my list with a quantity of more than five. As bruschetta mentioned, they are usually not any of the current styles found on the AE site. You can make purchases over the phone and they will ship them two you.

bruschetta, how has the quality been from shoes you bought unseen? Or do you go in person? Some commenters on Styleforum (and others) have mixed reviews. The expectation is shoes with scuffs and minor imperfections, but some people have reported lace eyelets that don't align, tears, etc.

Main outlet, next to the factory:

Allen Edmonds

201 East Seven Hills Road

Port Washington, WI 53074

t (262) 284-7158

f (262) 235-6415

e [email protected]

I've made a PDF of the styles in stock for size 11D and inserted pictures of the styles I found using Google Image search:

http://www.MegaShare.com/3705322

Please don't mind my notes. The first two pages have styles I am considering with current, non-sale prices (usually $99-$149). After Page 2 I list styles (without prices) I didn't find appealing, in alphabetical order.

Personally I expect discounted seconds will arrive in better condition than most used shoes off eBay. I wanted to take the plunge but I am way over my budget this month and had to pass.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I can confirm with what @YackoYak wrote.

Sent the outlet store closest to me an email and they got back to me within the hour with list(s) of the styles available in my size(s).

Think I'm going to pull the trigger and snag me some 10D Burgundy Lombards and 9.5D Brown Walden loafers.

Booyah.

Comment

Yacko, I have received three pairs from the Port Washington outlet that were identical to new pairs. Two didn't even have the W mark to show that they were seconds. I can take a picture of them if you want.

Comment

Thanks bruschetta, there's no need. I was just curious to see what your experience has been. Do all the outlets have different inventory? I thought I read somewhere that they pull stock from the Port Washington location?

Sorry, I pasted the wrong link in my post above; here is the correct link to the AE store locator for anyone else that needs it:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/AjaxStoreLocatorDisplayView?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001

I can't find any in my state so I've tried to dig up others. In addition to the Port Washington location, using the locator I get (in state order):

6200 Grand River Blvd E Leeds Alabama, 35094

205-699-6566 [email protected]

10406 West Emerald Coast Parkway, Suite 67 Destin Florida, 32550

850-654-4790 [email protected]

32 Main St Freeport Maine, 04032-1239

207-865-6222 [email protected]

807 Tanger Mall Drive Riverhead New York, 11901-6408

631-369-0947 [email protected]

4000 Arrowhead Blvd, Suite 400 Mebane North Carolina, 27302

919-563-2446 [email protected]

18900 West Bluemound Road, Suite 15 Brookfield Wisconsin, 53045

262-785-6666 [email protected]

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I sent an email to the Riverhead NY outlet. We'll see... I'm way over budget too, but... damn!

Comment

Thanks! Just sent an email, I'd love to pick up the Lombard and/or Parliament as "beater" dress shoes for the colder, rainier months. $100 a pair beats what I've seen at the Rack.

@bruschetta, where would you see the "W" mark? I ask because I found a pair of AE at Nordstrom Rack on clearance and there was a "W" sticker but I thought it just indicated that it was a wide size (which it was). I've heard some of the AEs at the Rack are seconds, but I didn't see any noticeable problems with the pair.

Comment

trash, the mark's on the sole. The other way they identify seconds is by punching two small holes in the sole. I can check, but I don't think mine have those holes.

Comment

Guys, does the shoebank also have shell cordovan shoes?

Comment

Just a heads up: Make sure you research the last on each style before you buy through mail order. I am always an 11D but the Lombard (5-Last) fits tight for me. Narrow lasts (according to what I've found): 0 (000), 2 (Executive), 5 (65), 8 (108)

The Bel Air is a 00 (I think?) and the Van Ness is an Executive-2. The Parliament is on the 8 (678) which I think fits wider (room for orthopedic inserts). Still looking for the Lambert.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/AllAboutLastsView?langId=&storeId=1&catalogId=4000 0000001

EDIT: @gq1, I haven't seen any cordovan in my size.

Comment

Anyone have MacNeil's? Thinking of picking up a pair in black if I can decide on a second shoe for the promotion. I wear an 8.5D in Strands and am wondering how MacNeil's compare. I did some searching and found some comments saying they fit wide, some saying the opposite...

Comment

Went ahead and got the MacNeil anyway, along with the Van Ness. Tempted to get the Lombard and Parliament as well, but I've bought too many shoes this year. (I can stop anytime I want to, by the way...)

Comment

Un-effing-believable. AE springs this sale when I am in no position to take advantage of it. I mean, $100 per pair? New? The recrafting service costs just as much.

How often do they have these sales? Will start a piggy bank for it.

Please post reviews and pictures. I'm excited for everyone that's cashing in on this.

Comment

What drives me nuts about buying shoes on-line is the discrepancies in the color of the shoe that is shown on the individual websites. I guess due to background lighting..... This especially holds true for brown color shoes. Usually they end up being a lot darker in person. An example would be the Allen Edmonds Lombard:

http://bit.ly/r7smgf versus http://bit.ly/sX4E0A versus http://bit.ly/tB4jhq

Comment

Working...
                              X