Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper River Bags 15" Journeyman with leather strap $164

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/copper-...journeyman-bag

$154 + $10 shipping. This is some sort of group buy site, once 50 people commit to buy the deal is a go. Never heard of the site but I'm told it's legit. I almost bought one direct from Copper River before but didn't want to shell out for the leather strap, but it's included in this deal so a pretty good discount. Anybody who owns one of their bags, please chime in with your thoughts!

Seems like a sweet deal!

Comment

This is very tempting... though I'm worried about the lack of return policy.
      Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

I got the 15" voyager w/ leather strap for $194 (in serengetti), which was after a 10% promo and free shipping (due to UPS error - normally $15 more). I was happy with my deal. If this is something you need and is in your price range, I say go for it. The bag is pretty awesome.

Comment

Just a heads up, enough people bought and now the deal is active. Now to debate if I really need this...

Comment

Bought one in brown.

Comment

what color are people getting? the brown seems dull, but thinking the burgundy is a bit much...

Comment

I got one in brown, as well.

Originally posted by trash View Post
                what color are people getting? the brown seems dull, but thinking the burgundy is a bit much...
                In this case, dull = versatile. You don't want your bag to be the first thing people notice when you walk into that interview.
                Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Looks like they're doing this again: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/copper-river-voyager

This time for the Voyager, and it's $150. Anybody do this last time and have comments on the bag?

Edit: looks like they added the "sunrise" color, and it's pretty awesome: http://www.copperriverbags.com/15-su...er-laptop-bag/

Comment

I have the voyager bag and love it. I use it everyday for work. It can dress up for a work bag (i'm in a very conservative suit-clad office atmosphere) but is also great for travel and more casual days. Can't say enought about the beauty of the bag and how well it is made!

Comment

I also have the Voyager. It's awesome. I ended up paying $225 (I think) with shipping and the file organizer and expediting it and it feels like it's worth more than that. It's a very sturdy bag.

Comment

If I don't want to use the strap, but only the handle, how do you guys feel this bag will hold up? I typically carry a laptop + few notebooks so it's moderately heavy.

I've had cheaper canvas bags with leather handles give out after just a year of daily use.

Comment

I bought one in the first Massdrop offering, too. Handle seems heavy-duty And the bag is supposedly warranteed -company seems sound.

Only thing I don't love about the bag is the absence of any outside pockets - opening and closing the starps for everything is getting old...

Comment

Originally posted by osiriuso View Post
                            If I don't want to use the strap, but only the handle, how do you guys feel this bag will hold up? I typically carry a laptop + few notebooks so it's moderately heavy.

I've had cheaper canvas bags with leather handles give out after just a year of daily use.
                            I have been mostly carrying mine by the handle for about the last year and it's held up perfectly well. I also will have a laptop and files in it most days.

Comment

Also, the 100 year warranty should have you covered.

Comment

Working...
                              X