Deal Benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal Benchmark

When shopping at new stores you don't always know if you're getting a good deal (for instance you are buying at 10% off when they regularly go 20% off) so we should put together a guide to stores and their discounts. Here's what I know:

J. Crew: 30% off is fairly regular
    Express: Constant sales, sign up for emails to get special coupons (anytime a coupon code is list on their site a better one has been sent by email). They don't price adjust with coupons.
    Levi's: If a holiday is coming up try to snag the rare 40% off, otherwise 30% is pretty great, probably a good idea to wait for a sale of some sort as they seem pretty regular. They are good about price adjustments.

Thanks

Great idea for a thread.

Bonobos - 30% off sale seems to be common
    Banana Republic - 25% to 35% seems common

Comment

Lands End (Canvas): Wait for a 30+% off code, even when things are marked down. Never ever pay full price.
      Banana Republic: See above.

Comment

Quick question about Lands End and LEC: do they typically offer free shipping? I believe both can be returned to Sears brick and mortar stores, correct? Are their any limitations on said returns? (final sale type stuff)
        My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
          Quick question about Lands End and LEC: do they typically offer free shipping? I believe both can be returned to Sears brick and mortar stores, correct? Are their any limitations on said returns? (final sale type stuff)
          There's almost always free ship with $50 minimum, and the 30-40% off codes almost always include free shipping too. Returns by mail are $6.95 I believe, but definitely free to sears b&m. I imagine that they may do some items sometimes as final sale, but I've never seen this. LEC products have the usual LE "Guaranteed Forever" return policy, return any time for any reason no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
            They'll occasionally offer free shipping with no minimum. Every code they offer comes with free shipping on orders of $50 or more. You can return them to Sears.

Comment

I don't think I've bought any item from Banana Republic that wasn't at least 40% off. They simply run those deals way too often to do otherwise.

Comment

^ Agreed. 40% is my cutoff for BR.

My other cutoffs:
                L.L. Bean - 15% is common enough and can often be found in their catalogs if not "available to the public"
                Charles Tyrwhitt - Under $40 per shirt shipped.
                AE Seconds - $150 or less

Comment

The REAL deals start under $50 for a no frills Seiko 5 from any of the watch sites.

Comment

Landsend and LEC- MUST be ATLEAST 50% and then min another 10%.

Comment

Working...
                    X