Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuhrling Automatic Skeleton Watch for $70 ... worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuhrling Automatic Skeleton Watch for $70 ... worth it?

80% off, supposedly. What do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...558-_-02082013

I have a similar one that I got for a similar price over a year ago. I like the aesthetics in person a lot. Buyer be warned, my Sturhling watch is huge. It took some getting used to, but I like it now. They don't "wear" quite as big as they are.

I'm sure it won't last a lifetime but the power reserve lasts for about 40 hours and they look nice. I get a lot of compliments on it, FWIW.

Also, replace the band, mine came with the same one and it starts to look tacky (also it broke).
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Only worth it if you want the watch... not if you don't. If you're asking whether $70 is a good deal for a Stuhrling, I'd say it's probably about an average price. Similar Stuhrlings show up at about the same price on Chronoshark.com all the time.
      Ben

Comment

I think it looks pretty sharp, and as the fellas above have noted, the price seems about what you find for them normally. I've seen only a few Stuhrlings in person, at local discounters, and it seems like they were close to that too.

I will add that I have a similar skellie, albeit a cheaper one - a Relic. I wore it quite a bit when I first got it, but haven't worn it recently in several months. I think it was more of a novelty thing for me, personally; that just simply wore off a bit. Not to say that you will follow that same route; just an FYI from personal experience.

Still, I *do* like the look of that one you posted there. If you decide to go with it, wear it in good health!

Comment

Thanks for the input, gents. Looked at the size specs and it's almost 44mm. Appreciate the heads-up on that, greg_s. That's a bit big for me. And if the price is just ok ... going to have to pass for now.

Comment

The skeleton thing has not worn off for me. I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Stuhrling-Orig...riginal+delphi

It's very attractive in person especially with a brown band. If it's too big for you, though, don't bother.

Comment

I was looking at a Stuhrling this morning but since I had never heard of the brand, I decided to do some research on WUS. What I found out was that basically it's a chinese company with an Invicta like pricing policy - ie. MSRP is $600 but you can have it at a discounted price of $89.99. They go on sale a lot so nothing special in terms of that price on NewEgg.

Comment

Stuhrling is a brand for peasants.

(Just giving you a hard time, Paul and Greg.)

Comment

Stuhrling got me into watches honestly. The one I bought was skeleton and seeing the inside of how a watch works and how it is made got me hooked.

Today that Stuhrling sits in a drawer and I got a watch with a see through case back that cures my curious mind.

For $70 i say its worth it BUT you will most likely move onto something else very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    Stuhrling is a brand for peasants.
                    He said from the hut in his feudal village.

Comment

Here's mine:

I think I paid less than $50 for it. Worth it at that price, IMO. The skelly thing intrigued me, it's a nice option to mix in from time to time, and it's a good conversation piece. I really *should* get it back into the rotation.

Hell, maybe I'll wear it today. Ah, tastes; how ye vary.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                        The skeleton thing has not worn off for me.
                        Yeah. I dig the look.

Comment

I actually own the watch in question and wore it today. It's not bad, looks wise. The band is a bit cheap, and it's actually a bit bigger than the pictures let on. I usually only wear it if I'm going out where there's a younger crowd (conversation starter, younger people think bigger watches are nicer, etc.). Its reserve probably isn't anywhere near 40 hours, but YMMV.

I do believe I paid a bit less than that price through Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                          X