Alfani RED suits $84 at macys.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@focuspants

Let me know what your tailor says about the shoulder padding. I heard it is practically impossible to fix but I'm curious.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

I also found this.

http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/su.../shoulder-pads
      42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Will do. I had him reduce the padding on a suit before, and it worked out. However it wasnt as much padding as this one has, so itll be interesting to see what he says. Ill report in when I get a chance to go see him.

Comment

curious about any further comments on the pants- are they slim fit (as in slim) or just a modern "trim" fit?

Comment

The BarIII pants are much slimmer. I would say more trim than slim.

As for the padding, I havent gotten an opportunity to pay a visit to my tailor yet, but I have a couple days off next week and will try to get in then and report back.

Comment

I would say the pants are pretty slim. If you can reference the Express Photographer pants, I believe the fit is quite similar. @Focus, I'd be interested in a "de-padding" operation as well. The armholes aren't as much of an issue as I thought. Unless you're throwing tight spirals downfield, I don't think it will affect you as much.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                Unless you're throwing tight spirals downfield, I don't think it will affect you as much.
                Wait... you don't play football in your suit?
                My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

so 1 vote for trim
                  1 for slim.
                  any others?
                  How is the rise on the pants? Looks like its short rise

Comment

I have the pants in a 33/32. Initially got the 32/32 and had to move up- like others have said- don't put on any weight or they won't fit. I tend to like a lower rise in pants but these appear to have a higher rise- i haven't measuered them- but I like the fit. No pulling in the front and the pockets do not pucker. I'll have to get them taken up a bit since they are long (I probably wear a 31" inseam).

Doesn't help you too much but it's better than nothing!

Comment

Tried on three 30/30 pants. All fit pretty similar: medium rise, felt pretty comfortable, colors darker than they appear on website, moderately slim through seat and thigh, but returned them all because of the lower leg fit (very wide leg opening for my body type, 18"+)

Comment

Working...
                      X