• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfani RED suits $84 at macys.com

Grey sharkskin: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...-fit?ID=449323
    Grey solid: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...-fit?ID=301933
    Navy: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...-fit?ID=449329

$99 in your cart, and sign up for their newsletter to get a 15% off code to bring it to $84. Add some filler to get free shipping. I know these aren't the best cuts for slim fit suits, but anybody have one and recommends it? For the price it sounds hard to go wrong, but I say this as someone with another decent quality cheap suit in my closet getting no use because I don't like the fit.

Also, note that the grey solid has peak lapels.

I have the grey solid. Used it for job/grad school interviews. The general public won't really notice but it's not a great suit. You can beat the heck out of it at that price though. The armholes are low, sleeves are wide, pants definitely didn't feel as trim as they look on the navy model, shoulders are strong, and the cut was boxy. Didn't get it tailored, but that probably would have helped. I snagged a BB 1818 Fitzgerald Fit charcoal pinstripe suit for $100 from a consignment store, so the Alfani doesn't get worn.

Comment

I ordered the sharkskin. I bought the navy a few months ago, and while the arms felt a little off, the pants fit me great. Is there such a thing as a beater suit? If so, this is a prime candidate as such.

@LosRockets I believe you mentioned living in Htown, right? Which store are you referring to? I only know of the second hand shops like Buffalo Exchange, etc. Thanks!

Comment

According to the macys.com help section, they now have an "any time" policy for returns? I guess I might as well give them a try in that case...

Edit: nevermind, my size went out of stock as I was browsing for free shipping filler :P Honestly though I don't think I missed much since I probably wouldn't have loved the fit, and I'm trying to not buy stuff just because it's a good deal, if I don't have a need for it.
        Last edited by trash; January 21, 2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

@RiveDroit - right next to the Buffalo Exchange in the Village is a Men's Resale. Some high end stuff, some not so much, but the prices are also far from thrift store prices. The lowest-end things I regularly see there are Perry Ellis, but it's usually Banana Express/Dillards and up. The owner Lily is friendly though. I've never had any luck at the Montrose Goodwill, and it's always a mess. Do you find nice things at Buffalo? Where else have you been?

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out. The nicest thing I found at Buffalo was a classic beige Burberry Trench, very lightly worn for $79. Although I resisted temptation. There's also Taxi Taxi across the street. There's a high end one owned by an ex-Enron wife... but can't remember the name right now. My friends told me about Saver's on the SW side, but I've never been. Unfortunately Houston isn't really a hotbed of thrifting gems.

Comment

I liked the Alfani Red suit I tried on at Macy's. I'm just getting into this whole "wearing clothes that actually fit" thing but for someone that doesn't wear suits often or wants to spend much on one I thought it was great.

Comment

Well, you hurt my wallet. Got it for 124 shipped to canada. Cant beat that. I have a BARIII suit, which I liked better than the Alfani RED's I tried on, but the price is right!

Comment

So I happened to be near a Macy's today and stopped inside to try out one of these suits, and while the armholes weren't as bad as I've heard, the shoulder padding was ridiculous. Enough so I don't feel bad that I missed this deal, but I'll still say that for $84 they can definitely fill a need.

Comment

this is a real steal, makes curious the true cost of producing these suits.

Comment

I own the grey and picked up the black. I had to order a 42R when I'm a 40R because the arm holes and shoulder padding.
                      These are not the greatest, but they get the job done.
                      Especially if you're like me and only wear a suit to a wedding once a year.
                      42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Got the jacket in today. As others have mentioned, lots of padding in the shoulders, but will be fine off the rack. The sharkskin grey is darker than the website, but not too dark. Will look good with the matching pants or navy pants I believe. This will see some action in the spring and summer months, for sure.

Comment

I didn't even bother ordering the coats due to what I heard about the padding/armholes, but I did order 3 pairs of pants. I had decent hopes for them as workhorse trousers, but the one I received today (grey taupe in 30x30) fit horrible in the lower leg. I have moderately muscular calves but these pants fit like bell bottoms in my eyes. Though it's labeled as slim fit, the leg openings are wider than anything in my closet. I think they measure in at 18 inches. The color was a dark, dark brown, as well, and look like a deep charcoal from far away. They were pretty comfortable, though, and the price is tough to beat. If the tailor can taper them for $15 apiece and make them look like this: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...-fit?ID=301931, I may keep them, but otherwise it looks like I'll be returning them (good thing for my bank account). Do you guys know any makers of 'true' slim-fit trousers in a similar price range, that taper to 15"/16"? BR and JCrew I'm guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbun13 View Post
                            Do you guys know any makers of 'true' slim-fit trousers in a similar price range, that taper to 15"/16"? BR and JCrew I'm guessing?
                            i just found a pair of bonobos dress pants at nordstrom rack for $49. they are pretty spectacular, and fit very slim throughout the leg, though get straighter around the foot. i'd estimate the leg opening to be around 15.5-16." but since i got them at nordstrom rack, it didn't have original tags and i have no idea what the line is called. all i can do is offer this pic of the lining with the fit label:

and since i'm posting here, i thought i'd post (read: brag about... lol) this black label ck suit i bought just last week for $109

Comment

Well my suit arrived, and all of it is great, minus the shoulderpads I can handle the slightly lower armholes (dont love it, but its bearable), but I was hoping people were just being oversensitive about the padding. Turns out they werent, and the shoulders are actually far too padded. Since the suit was so cheap I am gonna take it to my tailor and see if he thinks he could fix that, even if it is a bit costly. If not I will prob keep the pants since they were 27 bucks and then send back the jacket.

Comment

Working...
                              X