Chippewa Boots $85 on Amazon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chippewa Boots $85 on Amazon.

Primer Magazine posted on Facebook that the Chippewa Work Boots are now $85 bucks with the promo code WORKBOOT. I know a few people on here are fans of these boots. The have great reviews and look solid.

Update: A post on FB mentions that the only have sizes 9.5 and up.

I love mine. Wear them almost every day in winter. At $85, they are a steal.
    Ben

Comment

I love mine also and they have become my favorite casual footwear choice. I find them to be as comfortable as sneakers.

Comment

How do they compare, both in quality and looks, to higher end brands like Wolverine 1000 Mile or Red Wing Iron Rangers?

Comment

The leather is different... more of a rough-out style. It has more texture to it and won't take a shine, but absorbs leather conditioners like a sponge. In terms of quality, the Chippewas are a little rougher overall. They do have small imperfections here and there. But as far as longevity/durability, I've had mine for just over a year now, wear them almost constantly in colder weather (which, in the Rockies where I live, makes up about half the year), and they are still holding up like new with the occasional application of a conditioner.

One thing I've noticed in general is that most people complain about a long break-in time and discomfort with the Red Wing Beckmans, Iron Rangers, Wolverine 1000 miles, etc. For me, the Chippewas were completely comfortable right out of the box. No break-in time at all. Like Juan says, I find them to be as comfortable as sneakers.

Like most boots of this style, they run 1/2 size big. When in doubt, size down.
          Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 15, 2013, 11:18 AM.
          Ben

Comment

Thanks for the info. Are they wearable with slacks/dress pants?
            Last edited by bjmcgeever; January 15, 2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I wear mine a lot with chinos and a tweed sportcoat. I don't think they would work with dressy wool trousers, though. The rough leather and brass eyelets make them more appropriate for casual wear.
              Ben

Comment

Just jumped all over this deal. Thanks for the heads up @CJJ as I've been eyeballing the Chips as my winter boots for a while and they're simply too good to pass up on at $85.

Bonus: sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime and they'll give you free two-day shipping.

Comment

@ TomasR, my pleasure.

@ BenR, do you know if they are resoleable?

I just pulled the trigger on these http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/J...0388/10388.jsp I know they are different looking boots but I was on the fence for a few weeks on wheter to get the Chippewa Boots (Amazon), LL Bean version of the Chip (cap toed) or these J Crew boots.

For the price the chip's are going for on Amazon I might just return the J Crews, get the chips and maybe pick up some nice dress chukkas with the extra cash... What do you all think?

Comment

Well I lasted all but 2 weeks, lol! Anyways, I am trusting with the 1/2 size down and placed my order. Sounds like a great deal for a well reviewd boot. Can't wait to see them in person. Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

Along the lines of CJJ's J.Crew moc-toes, I think I got the last pair of size 9.5 Allen Edmonds Yumas. They're still on sale almost 50% of, but only 7 and 8.5 sizes left. Got them in the mail yesterday and wearing them today; they're gorgeous. Will probably take a little time to break in, but I couldn't pass them up since I've also been looking for nice casual boots recently.
                      http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

FYI: the workboot discount code only works for items bought from Amazon, not 3rd party sellers. I think I missed my size from Amazon by about 10 minutes yesterday. Still got 'em for $106, which seems like a pretty good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CJJ View Post
                          @ BenR, do you know if they are resoleable?

I just pulled the trigger on these http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/J...0388/10388.jsp I know they are different looking boots but I was on the fence for a few weeks on wheter to get the Chippewa Boots (Amazon), LL Bean version of the Chip (cap toed) or these J Crew boots.

For the price the chip's are going for on Amazon I might just return the J Crews, get the chips and maybe pick up some nice dress chukkas with the extra cash... What do you all think?
                          Yes - the shoes are Goodyear-welted and therefore resoleable.

The primary difference between the J.Crew Chippewas and the normal ones is the type of leather. The normal Chips are roughed-out and will not take a shine. The J.Crew Chips have more of a traditional, polished, saddle-type leather. They will be more aesthetically comparable to the Red Wing Iron Rangers, the Wolverine 1000 Miles, and other "high-end" workwear/Americana boots.

I don't think you could go wrong either way. Personally, I think the normal Chips are nicer-looking than the moc toe, but that's just a matter of taste.
                          Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 15, 2013, 03:21 PM.
                          Ben

Comment

I received the J Crew Chips yesterday and I have to admit they are some good looking boots. The color and quality of the leather is awesome. Unfortunately with my size 12 I look like Frankenstein.

The great news is that the much cheaper Amazon Chips arrived today and they are AWESOME!!!! The leather, style and comfort out of the box is fantastic. I am glad I sized down. These boots are perfect for my daily motorcycle commute. Also, I have an extra C note to spend on some chukkas but that is another thread.

Comment

Are you guys talking about the "Chippewa Men's 6" Rugged Handcrafted Lace-Up Boot?" Can someone post a link to the boots on amazon please?
                              42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X