Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please buy this Caruso in size 40 (they also have 38 and 44) so I'll stop clicking on it. Fully canvassed, 3 roll 2, side vents, etc. With the 10% off code it's $351.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41381328KG/it...1328KG&sizeId=

Comment

Theknottery is doing a special preorder price on their grenadines of $40 each. Once they are back in stock in a month or two, their new price for them is going to be $65 each.
      http://theknottery.com/ties/grenadin...pre-order.html

I already own the burgundy one and can now finally get the navy one. I was wondering are there any other colors of grenadines that you think would be very versatile?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Theknottery is doing a special preorder price on their grenadines of $40 each. Once they are back in stock in a month or two, their new price for them is going to be $65 each.

I already own the burgundy one and can now finally get the navy one. I was wondering are there any other colors of grenadines that you think would be very versatile?
        Black for sure, bud.

Now, admittedly I may not be the best guy for this advice, as I don't wear a tie very often - but when I do (starting to sound like a Dos Equis commercial, sorry) I seem to grab either my black silk knit or my burgundy/wine silk knit. They seemingly go with everything.

Comment

Anyone own the forest green? Seems like it would work well with Navy or Grey suits. Is the quality pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
            Anyone own the forest green? Seems like it would work well with Navy or Grey suits. Is the quality pretty good?
            I have a burgundy and I think it's a great value for the price. My dream would be to own a navy grenadine by Drakes but that costs 3-4 times as much and I don't wear ties often enough to justify that.

Comment

That's a pretty good price for grenadine! Just wanted to point out Paul Winston's grenadines are $49.50 although he's out of most everything right now. His are a touch wider too at 3.25" vs 3" from the Knottery. Anyway, once the Knottery goes up to $65 don't forget his are still cheaper: http://www.chippneckwear.com/italian-grenadine/

Comment

I prefer the 3" although it's a slight difference compared to 3.25". The 1 thing I don't liek about Chipps ties are that they are the fine type of grenadine as opposed to Drake's that uses the grozza type. Theknottery grenadines are closer to the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

The one they have listed as just "blue," which looks brighter than the navy, would probably be pretty versatile. I debated between the navy and that one for a bit before finally settling on the navy. My theory there is that I have enough vibrant ties in my collection, so I should probably err on the side of more sedate colors at this point.

Comment

What are the most versatile colors for the grenadines? Don't own a very large tie collection.

Comment

I have a navy and burgundy grenadine from Kent Wang and just nabbed a forest green one on eBay for $55. I'm excited and I expect it to be versatile. I had been considering the Knottery, but I prefer ties to be 3.25" over 3" - at least on me. Still, this seems like a good deal. I almost went with silver or steel blue grenadines from KW and I think those would also be versatile.

Comment

Only problem with a navy tie for me, is that I really only have two suits that I wear. My favorite, and most often chosen option is navy. Ya feel me? So as weird as it sounds, I think a few other colors would be more "versatile" than navy. See?... I said it sounded weird.

Personally, I've worn my burgundy, black, grey, and light blue ties much more frequently than my navy. My other *nice* suit is charcoal. Navy works there, of course, but so do these other colors. Again, that's a personal take, based on my wardrobe.

(Additionally, I'm talking *silk* knit ties, not grenadine, personally. FWIW - I'll likely snag a grenadine for my next tie purchase; whenever the heck that might be.)

Comment

I have a burgundy Knottery grenadine. I'm debating on whether or not to purchase a black, but I am going to order either the navy or blue. I have the forest green color in a knit, as well as a black knit. Both are great choices and to the person who asked, yes, the green will go nicely with gray and blue. I would also recommend a brown grenadine if you don't have one yet. I've got a brown fina, it's quite nice.

I'm really torn here. I do eventually want a forest green grenadine but I think I may get that as a fina sometime down the line. As for black, is it really as necessary as people online say? I've already spent a fair bit on ties in the past week (post coming soon about that) and don't want to spend much more... Just a navy? Or a blue? I don't have any solid navy ties (several with dot patterns).

Comment

I hear you, yoyorobbo, and for that reason, I often reach for my burgundy Knottery grenadine when I wear a navy suit. However, I do also often wear ties that are dominantly navy (albeit patterned) with a navy suit. While it's a little heavy on the navy at times, I'm alright with it. Granted, a solid navy grenadine could intensify the monochrome-ness of the whole thing, but I've got several patterned shirts I can throw together with it to keep it in check. I'll let you know if I'm wrong about that when the time comes!

Comment

I'm debating between pre-ordering the Burgundy and Brown grenadines from Knottery. The suits I've got are Charcoal, Navy, Khaki.

Thoughts?

Comment

Gotcha, Shomas. I'd imagine the added patterns in either your navy ties or your shirt choices would certainly address the issue. Good point. And I'm all for the blues look; I kinda do that a lot (navy blazer/SC, dark denim), but I am often tieless, so there's that, I guess. LOL

And pratyk, if your deciding between burgundy and brown, I'd choose burgundy for sure. Nothing wrong with brown, but burgundy looks great with a navy suit (see Shomas' point above), and personally that's my favorite color to throw onto a somewhat neutral blues/whites/greys/browns kinda canvas. I think you'd find that it will look great with any and all of those three suits you noted having.

Comment

Working...
                                X