This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    FWIW those huge crepe soles are hella ugly, IMO.
    Haha. I was watching these too, but the crepe soles are what are keeping me from buying them..

Comment

What's the deal with that sole?

Comment

I don't think they're terrible. I'd rather have a normal sole, but the crepe thing is in now. They're very comfortable (like desert boot soles). But, yes, that's the catch with these shoes.

Comment

And if you catch the shoes for $50-100 you can wear them casually and then get them resoled differently in a year or two.

Comment

ahhhh.... sad life.... none in my size

Comment

Do these run small or big? Let's say compared to AE?

Comment

Nvm. Should run true so I'm glad they have my size

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                  oh gosh, so everyone has been watching them? HAHHA i was going to wait till friday also, but at this rate they'll all be gone
                  The guy on thisfits pointed them out 3-4 days ago. Looks like they're all sold out now. I'm glad when I happened to wake up in the middle of the night, I logged in and picked up a pair at around $120. Not sure how I feel about that sole but with LEs return policy it doesn't hurt to see them in person and also get a feel for Oak Streets sizing.

Comment

Thank god they sold out before I had to make a decision

Comment

Originally posted by The_Genius View Post
                      Do these run small or big? Let's say compared to AE?
                      I think OSBs are .5 big, so order down half a size. Gone now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        I think OSBs are .5 big, so order down half a size. Gone now anyway.
                        I goy my usual 9, mostly because they were sold out of 8.5. I was going to ask you about it since I know you have a few pairs. Damn! Looks like it might not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Not sure how I feel about that sole but with LEs return policy it doesn't hurt to see them in person and also get a feel for Oak Streets sizing.
                          I felt the same way, and contacted OSB to see if you can have them resoled with a leather sole. They said they could do it, so I guess it depends on whether that's worth it for you if you hate the crepe sole and still want to keep them.

Of course this was all done hoping they'd stick around until Friday and drop to $56...

Comment

I had a feeling there was no way they'd last that long. The shoes are listed on the Oak St site for $344. If I keep them, I'd wear them for a few years before trying to get them resoled. No point in changing them out immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                              Thank god they sold out before I had to make a decision
                              Likewise!

Also, if you're a 40-42R, grab this. You won't find a better cotton sportcoat for around $130. Fred and some others typically say you have to size up for LBM 1911 stuff so keep that in mind: http://www.yoox.com/us/41356791PI/it...6791PI&sizeId= Triple patch pocket, beautiful blue color. You don't understand how upset I am that this isn't in my size.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                Likewise!

Also, if you're a 40-42R, grab this. You won't find a better cotton sportcoat for around $130. Fred and some others typically say you have to size up for LBM 1911 stuff so keep that in mind: http://www.yoox.com/us/41356791PI/it...6791PI&sizeId= Triple patch pocket, beautiful blue color. You don't understand how upset I am that this isn't in my size.
                                Haha showing me this made me realize i literally cannot justify a single purchase right now at ALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X