Clear All

RL Sanderson for $200:
    www.dsw.com/shoe/286856?prodId=286856

RL Stratford for $200:
    www.dsw.com/shoe/286853?prodId=286853

Both made by AE I think.

RL Edrick for $100:
    www.dsw.com/shoe/259293?prodId=259293

Says made in USA, but not sure who makes it, maybe Rancourt?

Comment

Wow. I just got those suede captoes. Looks like I found my alternative to the bucks to go with the seersucker suit. Sure glad I didn't buy some crappy bucks last spring...

Comment

Thanks Yoyo and Fred!

Comment

I got the suede cap toes and the EG patent leather. I wear a tux a handful of times a year, so why not? I guess I'll be selling these:

Anyone want some AE Kendalls in 10E for a good price? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            I got the suede cap toes and the EG patent leather. I wear a tux a handful of times a year, so why not? I guess I'll be selling these:

Anyone want some AE Kendalls in 10E for a good price? LOL!
            Fred, I'm s 10.5 and love the cap toes. Is it TTS?

Comment

Hoping so. I have the RL Marlows which are also by C&J, and they are TTS. I think RL uses UK +1 for the C&J conversions so an RL US10 is probably a C&J UK9.

Comment

Fred, who else might these be made by? I looked up C&J's suede shoes and they have a similar looking shoe in an oxford, not a blucher. I know these makers differentiate their own lines from their third-party stuff, so it's likely them, but at the $750 we're looking at something better than Grenson, no? I'm just excited at the prospect of owning a really fine pair of shoes...

Comment

At that price point it would most likely be C&J or Alfred Sargent

Comment

Nice! Good news...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      At that price point it would most likely be C&J or Alfred Sargent
                      Yep, it could be AS, but I really think it's C&J. AS would have likely used a double row of nails. The nail count is different than the Marlows pictured below though, but the color is the same, the edging around the heel looks the same, and it has the same 3 nail pattern as the Marlows:

Here are a couple of other C&J soles for other manufacturers. These are balmorals with the more narrow heel, but the color and the heel edging looks the same:

Comment

Fred, that's seriously some second-order gothic ninja detective shit right there. Amazing.

Comment

Wish I had been home earlier to see this. I would have picked up those suede cap toes. Hopefully they didn't have any size 9's to begin with so I didn't miss out.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                            Fred, that's seriously some second-order gothic ninja detective shit right there. Amazing.
                            LOL! We'll find out for sure when they arrive from the printing on the inside. I spent $300 today and got a pair of C&Js and a pair of EGs. Interesting day on the bargain front. Now if I can only find one of those Yohji Yamamoto ninja dress thingys ...

Comment

... and the flipping has begun: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Ralph-La...item417a34f91d

Comment

How can they list stuff they don't even have in their hand yet? Especially when it claims to be shipped out within 24 hours of payment.

Comment

Working...
                                X