Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by sanjaygolf View Post
    Say those of us with size 11B shoes.
    Good luck with that. The 1 bad thing about me trying to buy from the shoe bank is that my actual size is a 9C. The selection in 9C is almost nonexistent when comparing to 9D. I sometimes have to order a 9D and hope my heel doesn't slip too much in that particular shoe.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I've posted it here before, but they don't like doing returns in the store. 1st time I went in, they took it since they were preparing a box to ship to the shoebank at the time but since I know the salesmen there decently well, he was honest with me and told me they take a hit on the return. It affects their monthly/quarterly numbers and thus affects their bonuses. With them being on commission and the guys always being nice to me, I decided not to be a dick and try it again. So I now mail them back. If you go in and bitch enough, they'll probably take it. But if you want to be on good terms with someone whose help you might need in the future, it's better to just mail them back.

      Also, when I placed my order this past weekend I specifically asked the guy on the phone about returns and he said they can't be returned at a standard store.
      I've done it twice before on seconds (never tried with AE for Brooks). I don't have a AE retail store near me, but there is one about 90 miles from me in Costa Mesa, CA where I have to go for business sometimes, so twice I did return in store because I was going to be up in the area and it would save me the return shipping. Neither time did I get grief from the sales rep, but the second time I did do an exchange rather than a return and just paid the difference, so at least they got a net positive on that transaction. Now that I know though (and I have to go to OC less frequently now), I'll just go the mail route as well.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by bonzo View Post
        Thanks! Is there a definitive list of AE-2nd emails?

        ShoeBank in Port Washington, WI (262-284-7158, [email protected])

        -ShoeBank 2 in Brookfield, WI (262-785-6666, [email protected])

        -Tanger Outlets of Mebane, NC (919-563-2446, [email protected])

        -Tanger Outlets of Jeffersonville, OH (740-948-9033, [email protected])

        -Tanger Outlets of Charleston, SC (843-747-4002, [email protected])

        -Tanger Outlets of Riverhead, NY (631-369-0947, [email protected])

        -The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds, AL (205-699-6566, [email protected])

        -Outlet in Freeport, ME (207-865-6222, [email protected])

        -Silver Sands Outlets in Destin, FL (850-654-4790, [email protected])



        Anyone else think it would be nice to have a show your Allen Edmonds collection/show how you wear your shoe,sock,pant combos kind of thread?

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by JoeG View Post
          ShoeBank in Port Washington, WI (262-284-7158, [email protected])

          -ShoeBank 2 in Brookfield, WI (262-785-6666, [email protected])

          -Tanger Outlets of Mebane, NC (919-563-2446, [email protected])

          -Tanger Outlets of Jeffersonville, OH (740-948-9033, [email protected])

          -Tanger Outlets of Charleston, SC (843-747-4002, [email protected])

          -Tanger Outlets of Riverhead, NY (631-369-0947, [email protected])

          -The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds, AL (205-699-6566, [email protected])

          -Outlet in Freeport, ME (207-865-6222, [email protected])

          -Silver Sands Outlets in Destin, FL (850-654-4790, [email protected])



          Anyone else think it would be nice to have a show your Allen Edmonds collection/show how you wear your shoe,sock,pant combos kind of thread?
          Do u typically just email one or do they all have different stock?

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by sanjaygolf View Post
            Do u typically just email one or do they all have different stock?
            They are all connected to their national inventory, so calling one is all you need.

            Comment


              #66
              Got an email from AE. Riverhead, NY store has extended the AE sale through 2/24. They can do phone purchases.

              Comment


                #67
                what sale would this be? is this the brooks brothers sales?

                Comment


                  #68
                  it's the 15-50% off factory second sale.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by TDurden View Post
                    it's the 15-50% off factory second sale.
                    I'm curious... what do you have to do to get these notices? I've registered for their email on the website and rarely get anything.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by tyghortayl View Post
                      I'm curious... what do you have to do to get these notices? I've registered for their email on the website and rarely get anything.
                      Register with the AE Shoebank: [email protected]

                      Comment


                        #71
                        I just received my first pair of seconds from the shoe bank, bourbon kenilworths. Just wondering, do seconds not come with those red flannel bags?

                        edit: might as well add a photo:


                        this pair came in plastic bags inside the box. my strand firsts came with the flannel bags and i'd definitely like to have another set of them
                        Last edited by fey; February 26, 2013, 02:45 PM.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by fey View Post
                          I just received my first pair of seconds from the shoe bank, bourbon kenilworths. Just wondering, do seconds not come with those red flannel bags?

                          this pair came in plastic bags inside the box. my strand firsts came with the flannel bags and i'd definitely like to have another set of them
                          Nope, seconds don't come with bags. I've heard on a rare occasion you'll get lucky, though I've had so such luck in 4 tries. With the money you're saving, you can buy a pair on eBay for about $7 shipped, and less if you buy in bulk.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
                            Nope, seconds don't come with bags. I've heard on a rare occasion you'll get lucky, though I've had so such luck in 4 tries. With the money you're saving, you can buy a pair on eBay for about $7 shipped, and less if you buy in bulk.
                            @Fey: Those look fantastic

                            I'm ghetto and use leftover Crown Royal bags I have from my old days as a bartender lol:

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
                              Nope, seconds don't come with bags. I've heard on a rare occasion you'll get lucky, though I've had so such luck in 4 tries. With the money you're saving, you can buy a pair on eBay for about $7 shipped, and less if you buy in bulk.
                              AJG's right; seconds don't come with bags, and often don't come with a box in as good condition as yours. But they'll be happy to add bags to your order.

                              Those are nice looking Kenilworth seconds. I tried some Walnut seconds before and they had bad tiger striping. From the angle you posted, they look near perfect. Enjoy!

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                                @Fey: Those look fantastic

                                I'm ghetto and use leftover Crown Royal bags I have from my old days as a bartender lol:
                                I wouldnt call you ghetto foodie, moreso resourceful. Ghetto would be using old sheets and creating makeshift bags with the elastics, lmao...
                                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                                I>0<I

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X