Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
    The shoebank email is for their Wisconsin location. I've stopped emailing them because they were way too slow to respond. I exclusively email the Freeport store ([email protected]) and have got nothing but great customer service from Edward there. I'm in Chicago and it's possible that it takes a day longer for any products to reach me, but some of them wind up shipping from Wisconsin anyway. It's a no-brainer to take my business to the shop that responds quickly, though.
    Thanks! Is there a definitive list of AE-2nd emails?

Comment

I don't think anyone has posted this here. Found it on a thread on another site.

"For those holding out for a sale, I just got an email from the freeport store...
      Our annual February Sale will be taking place this February 4th - 18th. We will be offerings savings of 15-50% on our entire current collection of factory second styles. Included in those savings will be 50% savings on the Delary in black and chili; now $134.50, 45% savings on the Parkway in black, walnut or brown; now $149, 30% savings on the Maxfield in black and chili; now $149, and many more great features to choose from.
      In addition, new this year we will have select apparel items with savings of 40-60% off their original price - including sport coats, vests, shirts, ties and socks".

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
        I don't think anyone has posted this here. Found it on a thread on another site.

"For those holding out for a sale, I just got an email from the freeport store...
        Our annual February Sale will be taking place this February 4th - 18th. We will be offerings savings of 15-50% on our entire current collection of factory second styles. Included in those savings will be 50% savings on the Delary in black and chili; now $134.50, 45% savings on the Parkway in black, walnut or brown; now $149, 30% savings on the Maxfield in black and chili; now $149, and many more great features to choose from.
        In addition, new this year we will have select apparel items with savings of 40-60% off their original price - including sport coats, vests, shirts, ties and socks".
        Thanks for posting this! Delrays for $134? Freeport is the closest AE Outlet to me. I might need to make a drive up there and see what they have in stock. I'm in need of some new black shoes.

Comment

So, here's a question for you all: What do you think of the split toe on the Delrays? Over the past year as I've updated my wardrobe and shoe collection, I was shying away from shoes with too much detail; but I kind of like the split toe for more informal occasions. At $134? Yeah.

Comment

Here you go, gentlemen.

The Kenilworth looks to be a solid pick.
            [Edit] I've inquired about the Fifth Streets, and looks like it will be $199.
            Last edited by RiveDroit; February 1, 2013, 11:59 AM. Reason: addl info

Comment

Hmm, this looks fairly promising. Thanks JoeG/Rive for the heads up. +1 on the Kenilworths, too! I snagged a lightly used pair from Ebay a month or so back and have been loving them.

I've also been eyeing the Fifth Streets lately and for ~$200 that's not a bad deal. Never owned a pair of boots like that though, but I'm assuming they do just as well with dark jeans/jackets as they would with a suit (just wish they came in a walnut or slightly lighter brown)?

Comment

If you mail-order from an AE outlet store - can you return to any AE, or does it have to be to an outlet?

Comment

Fifth Streets will look good w/ dark jeans and jackets, but it's a dressy boot to be sure in that color. I think that's what's keeping me away for now since I don't have disposable income at the moment. They're beautiful though, I would wear them year-round.

@TDurden - consensus here has been that you can only return to an outlet (either in person or by mail).

Comment

I've successfully returned to a regular store on more than one occasion, but your mileage may vary.

Comment

Thanks @LosRockets

@redbeardedmike: did you get any grief for it, or was it very easy? i have a pair coming in the mail, and just want to know my options in the event i need to return.

Comment

@TDurden - On one occasion, I jokingly got grief because they wondered why I ordered from out of state when there are a number of AE stores in and around town. But they readily took back the outlet seconds without batting an eyelash.

Comment

AE in SF rejected me, FYI...ymmv

Comment

Thanks guys. Well, in the event I need to return, I will let you all know how it goes. FWIW, I'm in NYC - wondering if they'll be more relaxed or not about it.

Comment

I've posted it here before, but they don't like doing returns in the store. 1st time I went in, they took it since they were preparing a box to ship to the shoebank at the time but since I know the salesmen there decently well, he was honest with me and told me they take a hit on the return. It affects their monthly/quarterly numbers and thus affects their bonuses. With them being on commission and the guys always being nice to me, I decided not to be a dick and try it again. So I now mail them back. If you go in and bitch enough, they'll probably take it. But if you want to be on good terms with someone whose help you might need in the future, it's better to just mail them back.

Also, when I placed my order this past weekend I specifically asked the guy on the phone about returns and he said they can't be returned at a standard store.

Comment

Instead of returning the AEs you could maybe try selling them to those less fortunate, who missed the sale. Say those of us with size 11B shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X