No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I am going to make use of it so maybe someone else can. Pretty sure it is one time use.

10% off Allen Edmonds promo code: hzf42u8fdt

Comment

No surprise, but the flipping has started: http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/buy..._udhi=&_sop=12
      I guarantee that guy got all those from the Shoebank 2 for $250 sale on discontinued models.

Comment

got my Amok suede chukkas in today. Beautiful shoes, but are the uppers supposed to be so thin?

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
          got my Amok suede chukkas in today. Beautiful shoes, but are the uppers supposed to be so thin?
          They are "unlined" so, yes, they are just the thin suede. In my opinion it makes them comfy like bedroom slippers.

Comment

Received my burgundy cordovan Patriots today and my goodness they fit perfectly. I love them, they're gorgeous, and they're going back.

Wait, what? Yeah, a day after I purchased these I jumped on the Alden Cap Toe Cordovan Boot at J Crew. Can't drop $800 on shoes in two days. Also, as much as I like these, I think I'd rather get a pair in burgundy calf and another in snuff suede for $250 total during the next seconds sale. If you're a size 10D I'm probably going to be selling several of my AE shoes in the next few weeks (Black Park Avenues, Tan RL Sandersons, maybe my brown Kenilworth and Fifth Aves, not sure on those) on Ebay - hit me up if you'd be interested in getting them.

In case you're wondering what makes these seconds, it's that the right shoe's strap is stitched at a slight angle rather straight across. That's it. It's killing me to send these back. I've been wearing them on carpet all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
              No surprise, but the flipping has started: http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/buy..._udhi=&_sop=12
              I guarantee that guy got all those from the Shoebank 2 for $250 sale on discontinued models.
              People like that make me sick. Someone like that ruined the samples thing for me and everyone else. I heard 1 guy bought over 100 samples last time and obviously that stet off some alarms. Since then AE decided to stop selling samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                They are "unlined" so, yes, they are just the thin suede. In my opinion it makes them comfy like bedroom slippers.
                They are indeed very comfortable. Great shoes.

Comment

AE is like any other business. Once they figure out people are flipping the sale shoes at a higher price that 2 for $250 sale will become a 2 for $300 sale. Glad I got my Saunders from it though, <3 them.

Comment

^Not necessary. They just need to mark the seconds as such. I don't think the RL shoes are marked as seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      People like that make me sick. Someone like that ruined the samples thing for me and everyone else. I heard 1 guy bought over 100 samples last time and obviously that stet off some alarms. Since then AE decided to stop selling samples.
                      You hate capitalism? AE is a business. The guy on ebay is running a business. AE sold shoes they couldn't sell in their retail outlets at a price they found acceptable. They weren't doing us favors because we're buddies, they wanted to sell those shoes at 2 for 250. The guy on ebay is putting forth some effort (shipping, handling, photographing, etc) and, if there's a market for what he is offering at his chosen price, the shoes will sell. If not, they don't sell. I think these markets are actually pretty efficient and benefit everyone.

Comment

i mean, a lot of us are sick of vulture capitalism.

Originally posted by AMProf View Post
                        You hate capitalism? AE is a business. The guy on ebay is running a business. AE sold shoes they couldn't sell in their retail outlets at a price they found acceptable. They weren't doing us favors because we're buddies, they wanted to sell those shoes at 2 for 250. The guy on ebay is putting forth some effort (shipping, handling, photographing, etc) and, if there's a market for what he is offering at his chosen price, the shoes will sell. If not, they don't sell. I think these markets are actually pretty efficient and benefit everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden View Post
                          i mean, a lot of us are sick of vulture capitalism.

It obviously wasn't the intention of AE for people to take advantage of the samples to make a profit for themselves. That is evident in the fact that they stopped selling samples once they flagged the guy buying over 100 pairs at 1 time.

The other guy that is selling the 2 for $250 shoes on Ebay is trying to profit off less informed individuals. I don't think AE will care about him since he's selling seconds but it is cruddy to take all those for resale on Ebay rather than letting individuals who actually want the shoes for themselves have a chance at them. He's probably taking the most popular sizes and models while there are people on here hoping that they have Black Park Aves in a size 10 in stock. Oh wait, the Ebay guy took all of them. AE won't care about that, but that doesn't mean I have to like him or his tactics.

Comment

I see no problem with it. I'm not one to do it personally, but if the guy is willing to put forth the effort to make a few bucks, then more power to him.

If you figure an average selling price is $225 (which is likely a stretch due to some of the sizes/styles in his sale; most will sell for around $200 if not a little less) he'll net $40-50 per pair after all of the costs (shipping, eBay fees, PayPal fees, original sales tax, etc). He's hardly making a king's ransom off of AE.

Also, all major manufacturers know stuff is going to get flipped from outlets or sales. Their concern is getting it out the door and off their books, not making every dime they can by sitting on the product. Prices will go up if/when cost to make them increases or the demand for them increases enough to sell out at a premium. One dude buying out the random stock from one outlet won't be a blip on their radar.

Comment

what this guy doing is like ticket scalping for the rest of us. vulture capitalism at a low level.

Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                              I see no problem with it. I'm not one to do it personally, but if the guy is willing to put forth the effort to make a few bucks, then more power to him.

If you figure an average selling price is $225 (which is likely a stretch due to some of the sizes/styles in his sale; most will sell for around $200 if not a little less) he'll net $40-50 per pair after all of the costs (shipping, eBay fees, PayPal fees, original sales tax, etc). He's hardly making a king's ransom off of AE.

Also, all major manufacturers know stuff is going to get flipped from outlets or sales. Their concern is getting it out the door and off their books, not making every dime they can by sitting on the product. Prices will go up if/when cost to make them increases or the demand for them increases enough to sell out at a premium. One dude buying out the random stock from one outlet won't be a blip on their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by AMProf View Post
                                You hate capitalism?
                                Oh geez. SMH.

Comment

Working...
                                X