No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To one-up Vicious49 (who got there first)...

This is a color-corrected image of walnut strands, bourbon strands, and dark brown park aves. The grey card is for white balancing. If you want, I can use natural light and take a much less grainy image so you can see the burnishing on the bourbon. I've heard it described as a black-burnished walnut color, and I can see that, a little.

Comment

Thank you both. I have the walnut strands. Think I am going to go brown 5th ave. The generally wear grey, navy, or khaki-colored pants.

Comment

Boooo just got a cancellation email for my grey daltons I ordered when they had 25% off clearance sale. Anyone else get the same?

Comment

Originally posted by thepenguin99 View Post
          Boooo just got a cancellation email for my grey daltons I ordered when they had 25% off clearance sale. Anyone else get the same?
          I ordered Amok suede chukkas. Online status still shows order received. fingers crossed.

Comment

Re: cancellations. I called the shoebank again today to ask about my 2 for $250 order that has been hanging in limbo for the last week and a half and was expecting to hear that it had been cancelled. Turns out the order was never fully placed, but it looks like the shoes were set aside for me (lucky break). The rep I talked to said that they usually don't send out shipping notifications, which echoes what Vicious and others have said, and that they shouldn't take longer than 4-5 business days to ship. Sorry to you guys who got the cancellation emails on more recent orders.

Comment

I'm probably gonna get strands in every color offered. I was even thinking about the patent leather one today.

Comment

Anyone ever dealt with ShermanBrothers.com before? Looks like they have a lot of AEs on sale (i.e. Strands for $239, etc.)

Comment

Bueller? Bueller? I take it as a "no?" I promise I'm not spamming with my inquiry here.

Comment

The prices look pretty identical to what they are on the AE website for me... eg I see strands at $289, not $239 - which would only be a $4 discount.

Comment

Must have adjusted the price. They were $239 yesterday.

Comment

Might be worthwhile for someone who gets charged tax by AE.

Comment

AE-newbie question here, is this Rediscover sale typically AE's best sale of the year (for firsts) or should I expect a holiday/post-holiday sale in a couple months? Interested in picking up at least one pair in the not-too-distant future but ideally would do so closer to year-end bonus time.
                          “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                          "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

I think it depends on what you want. For fifth avenues it is probably the best first price you are going to get assuming no tax in your state. Amazon and Nordstrom have some nice deals that beat the current sale sometimes.

I keep trying to spend this 10% off coupon they sent me.....Shaker Heights in Chili are interesting but not sure they are ~$270 interesting. I wonder what the price will be when they hit clearance. Doesn't strike me as a style they will keep around but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
                              I ordered Amok suede chukkas. Online status still shows order received. fingers crossed.
                              My Amoks shipped! yippee!

Comment

Originally posted by thepenguin99 View Post
                                I think it depends on what you want. For fifth avenues it is probably the best first price you are going to get assuming no tax in your state. Amazon and Nordstrom have some nice deals that beat the current sale sometimes.
                                I'm looking at the Fifth Aves (brown or bourbon) specifically so this is good to know - thanks!
                                “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                                "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Working...
                                X