Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    @Idle - yes, absolutely. You can buy from any shoe bank and then return to an AE store if you want.
    My AE store doesn't like taking shoebank returns. They're very hesitant to do it because I guess the store takes a hit on the return and it hurts their store numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by brngk View Post
      Stupid question, how often do you check in with the shoebank regarding current availability? There area bout 4 or 5 different pairs that I'm looking for.
      I usually check every 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        My AE store doesn't like taking shoebank returns. They're very hesitant to do it because I guess the store takes a hit on the return and it hurts their store numbers.
        AE has free shipping both ways, so I'm not sure why you would worry with taking them to a store. If you choose to return them, email the shoebank and ask for a return label. FedEx will pick them up from you.

Comment

Interesting - didn't know that AE outlet would pay for return shipping. I sent 3 pair back a couple years ago for different sizes, and paid my own way. This was before I realized I could just return at the local AE store.

Comment

Same here. Didn't know they will pay for return shipping. I shipped a pair back recently that I paid for myself.

Comment

They told me they do not pay for return shipping on seconds, so YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                They told me they do not pay for return shipping on seconds, so YMMV.
                Tt sounds about right to me. They pay for shipping both ways if you buy from the AE website. But when dealing with the shoe bank, you're on the hook for return shipping.

Comment

Here is a size 7 report from the Freeport Outlet. Just thought I would pass along:

Factory-Second Price
                  Brooks Brothers Presidio Black, Brown, walnut - $99
                  Kenwood black, saddle tan - $99
                  Amok tan suede - $99
                  Jermyn Dark Brown - $99
                  San marco brown - $99
                  Tampa black, brown - $99
                  Ashbury teak - $99

Nothing grabbed my attention. I think the Amok would be the only one I'd be somewhat interested in. I wouldn't flood them with a barrage of emails, but maybe we can post our findings here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Tt sounds about right to me. They pay for shipping both ways if you buy from the AE website. But when dealing with the shoe bank, you're on the hook for return shipping.
                    Interesting. I've never paid to ship a pair back, but I deal with one of the outlets and have formed a pretty good relationship with the manager. My advice would be to do the same, and I'm sure he/she will take care of you.

Comment

Any updates on ongoing/upcoming promotions?

Comment

You can always ask to be placed on a waiting list for any shoes you're looking for. I just received a good looking pair of brown snuff neumoks in suede from Charleston. I'm on the list for Dalton's, Strands, and blue neumoks.

Comment

Originally posted by brngk View Post
                          Any updates on ongoing/upcoming promotions?
                          If you're looking for a deal, your best bet is factory seconds. Just email them: [email protected]
                          If you know your size, they can send you a spreadsheet of everything currently available. That list RiveDroit posted is still good too.

Comment

AE is having a "customize your own Neumoks for $199 sale." Good chance to grab first quality Neumoks at a great price. You can get creative.

I made these bad boys. They're exclusively to be worn on President's Day, July 4, and any time I'm stomping on terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                              If you're looking for a deal, your best bet is factory seconds. Just email them: [email protected]
                              If you know your size, they can send you a spreadsheet of everything currently available. That list RiveDroit posted is still good too.
                              Does the [email protected] email pertain to ALL the shoebanks, or are there different emails we can contact?

Comment

The shoebank email is for their Wisconsin location. I've stopped emailing them because they were way too slow to respond. I exclusively email the Freeport store ([email protected]) and have got nothing but great customer service from Edward there. I'm in Chicago and it's possible that it takes a day longer for any products to reach me, but some of them wind up shipping from Wisconsin anyway. It's a no-brainer to take my business to the shop that responds quickly, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X