No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is easy to do: both the Daltons and the Amoks are now out of stock, so you couldn't order then anyway. The Long Branch is in stock, but come on: if you want a Dalton, wait for a sale on real Dalton's. Brown ones.

Comment

You're right. Glad I ordered my Amoks last night.

Comment

Well that's probably for the better, now I don't have to choose. How do the Dalton's hold up in rainy PAC NW weather? Dont want to spend the $ then just ruin them. Should I just get a pair of cheaper rubber soles?

Comment

Well that's probably for the better, now I don't have to choose. How do the Dalton's hold up in rainy PAC NW weather? Dont want to spend the $ then just ruin them. Should I just get a pair of cheaper rubber soles?

Comment

i wouldn't dunk them in inches of water, but they seem to handle wet sidewalks fine.

i wore my dark chocolate daltons for the first time this weekend and got compliments from the sales staff of some high end fashion designers in soho... i love these things so much!

Comment

I love the Dalton's but just unsure on the leather soles in water. Would a rubber piece over the toe of the sole protect it more?

Comment

Image, if you're worried about the wet sidewalks chewing up your leather soles (which happens quite quickly if you walk a decent amount -- ask bruschetta, who pulps his leather soles in a few months' time in the wet Scottish climate), ask a cobbler to apply a topy, which is a thin strip of rubber that acts as a protective sole. It's much, much cheaper than recrafting!

Comment

Or, just get a Vibram or Dainite sole. Do you mind lug soles? The Long Branch may be for you. Vicious got a badass pair of Alfred Sargent boots recently from a flash site for about $200, and they were storm welted and Dainite-soled. Vicious, what were those?

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Or, just get a Vibram or Dainite sole. Do you mind lug soles? The Long Branch may be for you. Vicious got a badass pair of Alfred Sargent boots recently from a flash site for about $200, and they were storm welted and Dainite-soled. Vicious, what were those?
                    I got the Alfred Sargent Hannovers for $300 from Gilt. They usually run around $700. It worked out great because Daltons will usually run around $200-$250 even on sale so for a little bit more I was able to get something from the AS Premier line. The reason I always hesitated on the Daltons was because they were boots with a leather sole. That defeated the versatility of me having boots for bad weather purposes. The Hannovers have a lug sole which is a bit more than I wanted but luckily it's not obvious. I think Dainite soles are the perfect compromise between dressy and versatile.

Here's some pics of the ones I have (not my pics). They look a bit more rugged than the Daltons due to the pebble-grain look of the leather, lug soles, and the metal eyelets.

Last edited by Vicious49; September 16, 2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                      I ordered the snuff, and got the same 3-5 week message. It's a mistake, so the orders will be cancelled.
                      I just called AE since there were some login issues with my account. I happened to ask the lady about the 2 pairs of shoes in my order. She said in-stock ones should go out today and that they will still craft and ship out the other pair as long as they have the leather and materials for it.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Well, here's hoping!

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys... Even if it is too late for me now, lol. But this promotion will be happen in stores too, right? I might stop by their physical location for a change and see what they have available there, as well as maybe get fitted in time for the 2nds sale later this week.

Comment

dont scare us with these cancellation talks, guys

Comment

Charliebrown2, if they are discontinuing a shoe, then having it on backorder because they have to make more of that discontinued shoe to ship the clearance orders... then that doesn't make much sense. Unless, that is, they have suede that they need to use up that they have sitting around but not yet built into the shoes they have already discontinued (why, though, do they have raw materials they are willing to use up for something like that?) In any event, I'll be happy if I get these in 5 weeks, but not surprised if I don't.

Comment

Any info on that 2nd sale that's rumored later this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X