No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey would look good with jeans or navy pants. Can't think of much else they would go with though. Not any shades or grey or black. Maybe with khaki, probably not so much with brown.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
      Grey would look good with jeans or navy pants. Can't think of much else they would go with though. Not any shades or grey or black. Maybe with khaki, probably not so much with brown.
      I scrapped my shopping bag. Need new navy suede but 100 bucks needs more thought

Comment

Only thing holding me back on the Amoks, which I've wanted for some time, is the fact that it's $110 for a pair of suede chukkas, something I'd be scared to death of wearing in the hospital, and something I couldn't really wear w/ professional clothing anyway.

Comment

Think I am in for grey daltons for the fall/winter and blue spiaggia for next spring/summer. Also, while I already own it, the birch creek belt would be a great buy the with clearance + 25% off too. The belt has enough differing tones in it that it goes well with damn near anything. It is also very well made.

Comment

Originally posted by thepenguin99 View Post
            Think I am in for grey daltons for the fall/winter and blue spiaggia for next spring/summer. Also, while I already own it, the birch creek belt would be a great buy the with clearance + 25% off too. The belt has enough differing tones in it that it goes well with damn near anything. It is also very well made.
            Haha I was gonna bite on both as well! Couldnt stomach 285 with NY Tax, so just went with spiaggia for 128.

Comment

I've been drooling over the Dalton's for a while now and $150 for them is a steal. But I'm unsure on the grey but I don't know if I can restrain myself, really wanted a brown but can anyone speak to the grey? Possibly even dying it to a cordovan or something darker

Comment

FYI - AE is having a 2-day flash sale on clearance items right now. All clearance items an additional 25% off. Some good deals to be had if you like any of the shoes listed! Ends 9/17.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6281112-alle...110-25-fs-more

Comment

Stupid question, but how do the Amoks compare to something like CDBs, in terms of fit, quality, and versatility?

Comment

The grey Mctavishs I bought about a year ago changed my mind on grey shoes. I was iffy about them but they turned out great. As far as dyeing the grey Daltons. I am sure you could use black polish on them and darken them significantly but I wouldn't spend the money if I didn't like them as-is. My experiences with darkening shoes has, so far, been pretty hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                      Stupid question, but how do the Amoks compare to something like CDBs, in terms of fit, quality, and versatility?
                      i tried the amoks for a day. they squeak. the squeak comes from the heel. AE says they have addressed the issue, but not the pair i got. It's embarrassing wearing a squeaky shoe. (really it sounds more like a high pitched quack).

i returned them. they took them back despite my wearing them for a day because before i bought them, i specifically asked and confirmed that the shoe wouldn't squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by fash1on View Post
                        i tried the amoks for a day. they squeak. the squeak comes from the heel. AE says they have addressed the issue, but not the pair i got. It's embarrassing wearing a squeaky shoe. (really it sounds more like a high pitched quack).

i returned them. they took them back despite my wearing them for a day because before i bought them, i specifically asked and confirmed that the shoe wouldn't squeak.
                        No squeaking at all on mine.

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                        Quality is significantly better on the AEs. The suede is soft and almost velvety. The treated sole is durable. I'd say they're just as versatile as the CDBs, depending on what color you get. The snuff suede will go with almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          The snuff suede will go with almost anything.
                          I already have loakes in that color so I ordered them in the tan suede and the chocolate suede. Although I think the chocolate will eventually get cancelled since it said they would craft them and I would receive them in 3-5 weeks. With these being closeouts, I have a feeling it's an oversight that slipped through the cracks on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            I already have loakes in that color so I ordered them in the tan suede and the chocolate suede. Although I think the chocolate will eventually get cancelled since it said they would craft them and I would receive them in 3-5 weeks. With these being closeouts, I have a feeling it's an oversight that slipped through the cracks on the website.
                            I've had the tan suede for a few months. I like them a lot, but I've had trouble finding things to pair them with. Summers just so damn hot, that wearing boots, even unlined, is unpleasant. They're also a touch too casual for my usual work-week outfits. Also, the tan/beige makes them a very summery shoe. I'm tempted to get them in snuff, but I'd need to sell these beige ones first.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              I ordered the snuff, and got the same 3-5 week message. It's a mistake, so the orders will be cancelled.

Comment

Somebody talk me out of (or into) the grey Dalton's. Need a pair of wingtips but unsure about the grey still! Should I wait for brown ones or try on eBay? Also anyone know about the Amoks in fall/winter?

Comment

Working...
                                X