No announcement yet.

Upcoming Allen Edmonds sales (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tent sale is still going on and I found some gems in their inventory. The list I received from [email protected] contained a number of models I'd never heard of which were selling for only $160. I searched around to find that they are the models made for Ralph Lauren. My list (9.5D & 10D) includes the following: Saunders (chukka), Sanderson (longwing), Singleton (loafer), and Innsbrook (loafer). All of them were available in various leathers. I went ahead and ordered two Singletons (one in brown calf and one in snuff suede), one Innsbrook in brown calf, and one McGraw (not RL) in chocolate suede. I only plan on keeping one, since I don't really have $700 to drop on shoes I really wanted the Sanderson longwings in brown, but they were only tan in my size.

All that to say, take a look at your size list to see if they have them available. They seem like a great find.

Comment

4 pairs? ballin' out yo mind

coincidentally today i also checked in with their current inventory to see if they had anything new in my size, and they did! one BB park ave, which i have never seen on my list before. while its not the $130 from earlier this year, i am happy to pay the $160 as i was hoping for the topy. yay...

Comment

just looked down and remember i'm wearing my own chocolate suede mcgraws today too. it's a pretty shoe, hasn't really broken in though.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          The tent sale is still going on and I found some gems in their inventory. The list I received from [email protected] contained a number of models I'd never heard of which were selling for only $160. I searched around to find that they are the models made for Ralph Lauren. My list (9.5D & 10D) includes the following: Saunders (chukka), Sanderson (longwing), Singleton (loafer), and Innsbrook (loafer). All of them were available in various leathers. I went ahead and ordered two Singletons (one in brown calf and one in snuff suede), one Innsbrook in brown calf, and one McGraw (not RL) in chocolate suede. I only plan on keeping one, since I don't really have $700 to drop on shoes I really wanted the Sanderson longwings in brown, but they were only tan in my size.

All that to say, take a look at your size list to see if they have them available. They seem like a great find.
          Nice! Yes the Singleton is the pair of shoes I've been eyeing for quite a while, but just decided recently that I need to scale back on the clothing purchases. The Ralph Lauren branded shoes sell on their website for $475... so seconds for this price are a steal. Please post pictures, very excited to see both versions of the Singleton.

Comment

I believe it has been mentioned before, but Nordstrom is having their Allen Edmonds sale (starting?) July 18th. I went in looking to buy a pair of AE shoes, he said don't buy now, just come back on the 18th.

Comment

Check your local Nordstrom Racks, I picked up a pair of Big Sur for 99$ and a pair of Lasalle for 83$

Comment

i did the same, got a big sur yesterday. they've been there for nearly 7 months, according to the price tag. don't know if i'm going to keep it though. after wearing them inside for an hour my heels burned badly, something i've never felt before. the foam insole might be to blame, but i also notice the heel and forefoot are angled differently so that if i step on the heel with all my weight, the forefoot lifts off the ground by quite a lot. did you get the greyish brown or the rust colored ones?

Comment

my big surs are the light tan suede version. I am normally a 10 but I felt they were a little too tight at my pinky toe and I figured it would bother me eventually so I went with a 10.5. suprisingly it doesn't seem longer. My toe is a tad further back but I still have a thumb nail room up front. I can make it up with thicker socks. I wore them around in the store extensively just to make sure I really wanted them. Didn't feel the pain you describe. I posted this pic in the recent purchases thread. I'll repost it here too:

Comment

i ended up returning them, and ordering a pair of brown sandersons from the tent sale instead. a bit more money at $159 but its a model that i really want

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      I went ahead and ordered (4 pairs of shoes) I only plan on keeping one
                      Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Now, AE won't be able to sell those 3 pair (over $500 in inventory) during their sale, plus they have to pay for shipping both ways for 3 pair (I'm guessing $25 each way, so you cost them $50) and some other customer might not be able to find their size because they are all at your house.

Comment

A number of AE's just got dumped down to 6pm.com ( http://www.6pm.com/allen-edmonds-sho...fcTest=sbb%3A0 ). Sanfords (black leather sole brogued captoe) at 45% off at just under $200, also a rare sale on the Haights although at 25% off they're still around $300. Bunch of Chukkas and other styles (mostly loafers) as well.

Comment

I just found a half dozen AE fifth streets in black at my NYC nordstrom rack for $170. All were size 9D though. Good deal if its your size!

Comment

folks on sf found this seller, with some curious items...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/frieschskys/...en%2520Edmonds

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                              folks on sf found this seller, with some curious items...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/frieschskys/...en%2520Edmonds
                              All those 9d prototypes must be samples. He picked them up for $79 and is trying to make a $100 profit off each one.

Comment

i tried to get those awesome RL sanderson longwings for just $159, but it was all for naught. i received a first pair with one good right shoe but the left had several deep gouges right on the medallion. today i received a second pair with a left shoe with a lesser gouge on the medallion and a right shoe that had some awful leather damage right on the medallion (again) that made the calf leather look more like an orange peel. when pressed on, the orange peel separated from a lower layer of leather.

what i really want to say is, there are definitely seconds from the shoebank that are clearly seconds! this pair is more like thirds tbh...

Comment

Working...
                                X