Bluenile - Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
    FWIW, my advice would be the opposite - which really just reinforces how it is an individual decision, and it helps to know what your girlfriend values (quality or quantity, since most of us can't afford both).
    Same here. My wife didn't want a bigger diamond. She valued the other characteristics more. Even though her friends rings are bigger, hers outshines them so she ends up getting more compliments than them.

Comment

I bought my wife's engagement and wedding ring from a local jeweler who custom designed it. While the same ring was quote at $18,500 at Tiffany's, he was able to make it for a third of the price. That included a diamond of E/F color and VS1-2 clarity. Since he bought diamonds wholesale, it cut out any middle-man upticks in price that you will find through a site like Blue Nile or your typical mall shop. If at all possible, find a jeweler who can show you diamonds in person and create your ring from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        I bought my wife's engagement and wedding ring from a local jeweler who custom designed it. While the same ring was quote at $18,500 at Tiffany's, he was able to make it for a third of the price. That included a diamond of E/F color and VS1-2 clarity. Since he bought diamonds wholesale, it cut out any middle-man upticks in price that you will find through a site like Blue Nile or your typical mall shop. If at all possible, find a jeweler who can show you diamonds in person and create your ring from scratch.
        Don't lump in Blue Nile with local jeweler or any other B&M store. Any place that you can visit in person has more overhead than an online store (think amazon for instance). The main advantage with Blue Nile is the lack of pressure and the ring being literally at your door the next day.

Comment

Working...
        X