Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

I'm new to the style world... Can some of you who have been around the block comment on whether there are particular places (Allen Edmonds, MTM companies, etc etc) that seem to always give great Black Friday/Cyber monday deals? I want to know where to look when it comes to filling in some of the big holes in my wardrobe.

Thanks!!

• Outlet malls will generally open up at midnight and many (if not most) stores will have 40% or 50% off through at least noon of the next day. This can include stores like Last Call, J Crew Factory, Banana Republic Outlet, Brooks Brothers 346, Bass Outlet, Eddie Bauer Outlet, etc.
    • Banana Republic will likely have 40% off everything, including clearance. At least, they did last year.
    • Kenneth Cole will have some notable price cuts (if you like Kenneth Cole).

You're likely to have better luck with those big-name chain stores, though. I would be surprised if AE or any MTM stores had sales that are worth a darn. I've found it's a good time to find staple items, but not the best for things like quality shoes.

Comment

Indochino may do %30 off $700 orders again

Although I may point you towards DragonInside.com with the code of LAUNCH for %50 off, so far the CS has been great. Can't vouch for the quality for mwloctt said he was quite happy with his suit.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        [list]
        You're likely to have better luck with those big-name chain stores, though. I would be surprised if AE or any MTM stores had sales that are worth a darn. I've found it's a good time to find staple items, but not the best for things like quality shoes.
        This helps, thank you!

Comment

Shadow -- I took a look at their site and was impressed with the design, but not their default recommendations. I took a peek at tuxedos as I need to purchase one and they recommended a two button jacket with dual vents and pockets with flaps?!? I'll wait to see how the snobs (<3) at styleforum comment before making a commitment, but the more online MTM competition the better for the consumer!

Comment

Odd, they said ventless for the tux when I was reading the description, I think the recommendations are generic.

Mine I ordered from them will have besome pockets and functional buttons, navy blue material with black shawl collar. Will see how it turns out, but so far they have been extremely great with emailing questions about measurements etc.

Comment

Bond rocked that kind of tux in Skyfall. Looked good on him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragu View Post
                Shadow -- I took a look at their site and was impressed with the design, but not their default recommendations. I took a peek at tuxedos as I need to purchase one and they recommended a two button jacket with dual vents and pockets with flaps?!? I'll wait to see how the snobs (<3) at styleforum comment before making a commitment, but the more online MTM competition the better for the consumer!
                If this is your only tux, get 1 button w/peak lapels.

Comment

2 years ago, Gap did 50% off everything in the morning. That was a great sale, but I think last year it was only 40%. You can probably expect the same at Banana Republic. Old Navy always has great cheap basics like pajamas, t-shirts, fleeces and sweaters if you need something.

I've never noticed anything special from J. Crew. If you like shopping at Macy's be sure to use the $10 off $25 coupon voucher. Macys always has sales and I don't find their deals to be that door busting. Uniqlo will have some deals on their website.

Best thing to do is make a list of what you're looking for and try to plan ahead as much as possible. Best of luck.

Comment

It looks like I spoke to soon about Allen Edmonds. While they're regular retail locations will have somesales, the real deals will be through their outlets. Thankfully, they accept phone orders if you don't live near one and shipping is free.

Details:
                    http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-master-thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                      If this is your only tux, get 1 button w/peak lapels.
                      I did 1 button & shawl as it's far less common

Also have a feeling peak + my build would look odd, I've got a 10" drop from chest to waist.

Comment

Also have a feeling peak + my build would look odd, I've got a 10" drop from chest to waist.
                        Taking the "V" taper to the next level. BTW, everybody in here hates you now.

Comment

Working...
                        X